Monday, January 7, 2019

Semester 5 Chapter XVIII: Hot Springs and Off Keys


Yo, Shanghai Czech-in has made it all the way to 2019. Crazy, right? Since weve made it this far, its pretty safe to say you gonna keep on getting top quality blog content on weekly basis throughout the following year. Whether you like it or not...


My year started quite amazing. On Monday, I got a bottle of some scotch and in the evening, went to my friends spot to do some New Years Eve drinking. It was a really small thing there were three of us. I really enjoyed it tho. No clubbing, no dealing with crowds of people, just a chilled hangout, some good alcohol and music.... Real ass adult shit. I believe I got home around 3 or 4 which left me with about two hours before going to Hongqiao railway station to catch a train to Wuyi. Couple of weeks back, me and my friend planned out this one night stay in hot springs it was her idea (obviously) and since I hadnt tried it ever before, it was an easy yes by me. Even though we had some problems finding the spot (theres tons of hot springs closer to Shanghai, but most of them were booked out), we managed to get a room at Qingshuiwan Hot Spring Holiday Village. So there I was... Early morning, drunk as a skunk, on my way to subway....


It took us some time to locate each other at the station which only made me realize Im still fucked. Im usually bulletproof when it comes to orientation and navigating through shit... For a second, I really thought the whole trip is gonna end up right there... However, we made it, I recharged on the train a little bit and around lunch time, we checked-in. The resort is situated pretty much in the middle of nowhere (if you dont count couple of houses around the road nearby), it is massive, relatively high-end and not really internationalized. Even though they try to throw in elements of Western design and cuisine into the mix (in a pretty confusing way), its super Chinese nobody speaks English and over the two days, I saw one foreigner around. We did a pretty awesome lunch (in a Chinese restaurant which was vegan friendly, unlike that wannabe Western spot they had over there), and then headed to the hot springs. And man, how awesome was that. Outside temperature was somewhere around zero, but the water was like 40 degrees. They had both dry and wet sauna, they had an indoor area, and a huge outdoor space with dozens of tubs and small pools. So even though there were quite a lot of people, it wasnt a problem to find yourself a secluded spot and chill in privacy. And most importantly, we were walking around half naked, dissolving our asses in the hot water, feeling the warmth all the way up in cores of our bones. Which is a feeling I hadnt experienced in weeks. I got so chilled, even talking seemed quite redundant. I passed out at the hotel room around 9pm (after a delicious dinner), and did solid 12 hours of sleep something that happens like twice a year to my insomniac ass. The day after, we did the whole thing again and in the evening, we were on our way back to the city of Shanghai. Relaxed, recovered, feeling amazing....


Friday evening, I met with some of my peers in Funkadeli, where one our friends actually had a shift, for some beers. Saturday afternoon, I met up with my biking partner to do the Science and Technology Museum. Yeah, the one with that big ass fake market underneath. Been at the market couple of times but never actually visited the museum before. Not that I expected much from it, but the distance is quite perfect for a ride and you know.... Another item to cross off your to-do list... The building is quite spectacular. 4 floors full of everything animals, rocket science, IT stuff, biology.... All in easy-to-digest way. I didnt really pay much attention to anything particularly, but it was a cool having all the shit you wont ever understand around. While we were at it, I check out that HappyCow app (shout out!) to see whether there are some cool veggie restaurants in the area. This Veggie House place popped up, so after we were done with furthering our knowledge, we hopped on the bikes and did like a 20 minutes ride over there. Im pretty sure that was the first time me eating in a restaurant in Pudong. The food was absolutely gorgeous and really affordable. And they have so much shit on the menu, I have a feeling, we gonna be back quite soon. We continued to this ferry going to Nanpu bridge and wrapped the whole thing up.


On Sunday, my friends organized another KTV night. I was quite busy the whole day but I managed to meet up with my biking partner again to do some quick peanut noodles for a dinner. Then we followed to this KTV spot at Dapu Lu. 3 hours of passionate off key singing, beers and shit talking. Cool as a cucumber... After that, we took it to the Taphouse spot at Yongkang Lu to kill some more braincells...


So yeah, last week was quite eventful, everything is going well over here, temperature got up a little a bit, shit is fine... Hope you started your 2019 good as well, and thanks for following the best fucking blog in the universe... Talk to yall soon!


Highlights:

  • Hot Springs I mean really. Just try it out. Havent been this chilled out probably ever....
  • The Looming Tower pretty awesome TV series.
  • DAngelo Unshaken. Definitely my jam the last week. Youtube that shit...

No comments:

Post a Comment