Monday, July 21, 2025

Semester 18 Chapter XVI: Positive Shit

Okay, here we go. Another week has passed so it’s time to check in once more. Summer in The Netherlands has been really nice. It gets hot but it’s not scorching hot. In the evening, you usually do need your jumper and during the day, it gets warm enough for a swim in the sea feeling enjoyable. It’s cool being back here, taking advantage of the new apartment and getting back into different things.

 


So last week, it was obviously back to yoga. It’s always nice walking through the door of the studio and it still has not got old to me. Managed to do six classes within 5 days and I really have no intentions slowing down anytime soon. I also did some longer runs (since I don’t really track myself, I can only assume it was somewhere around 15km). Now, in the previous apartment, I would only do about 8km because I did not find the idea of extending it particularly appealing. It was either too much city or too many people everywhere. The current location changes that. You walk out of the building and you have this endless area with dunes, trails and lakes with some magnificent views. So running into that and improvising a bit feels like an exciting thing to do. I’ve just done another run couple of minutes ago, finding some more hidden paths... Really beautiful.


What else… Saturday evening, we had some people over and it was fun. Although the flat is massive, we ended up stuffed up in the kitchen area as it felt like the most natural and I guess also kind of intimate set-up. Some interesting chats, some games, happy days. Sunday morning, I was posted up in front of the building, got picked up by the same fellow diving instructor who had taken me to a site not that long ago, and off we went. This time to Toolenburger Plas. It was the first time in the Netherlands when I did not dive with another instructor. It was me, one OWD and one AOWD (if I remember correctly). Which meant I was kinda in charge. Which was fun as the dive we were about to undergo was by far the shittiest visibility I had ever been exposed to. I’m talking barely half a meter. I’m talking not really seeing your compass at about 10 meters deep. But man, what a training. They often say that people who do their certs in these waters are much more advanced than those doing it in South-East Asia or Caribbean. Because you actually do need figure out way to deal with hostile conditions and not seeing shit. I was stuck to my compass most of the time, it was a bit shaky here and there but we ended up running into some cool shit (submersed motorbikes and signs, some plants with fish all around; I even saw a massive pike). Everybody was kinda happy and I just felt grateful for being able to do this. Gonna join sometime soon again. When I got back home, I went for a quick dip in the sea. See, couple of days back I found this lovely trail leading to a water tower nearby and then to this really cool beach and I found out that this 30-minute hike wrapped up by some salty water is pretty fucking therapeutic. So I’ve been doing it a lot.

 


And there you have it. New week, back to yoga, back to work, back to responsibilities. Got some more shit planned for this one and I’m pretty excited about all of it. Shout out to all the readers, all the vegans and everybody who connect to the world more than they disconnect. Keep it positive and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. One!


Highlights:

  • Diving.
  • Runs.
  • Walks & beaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment