Okay, it’s been one of these weeks where you barely have time for yourself. Partly because you’re enjoying your privileged ass down by the sea and partly because you have to get your precarized ass back to work. I finally got couple of hours for myself, most of which I spent catching up with one of my bros, and now I’m back with this project of mine. What’s up everybody.
This whole Tenerife thing was great. It was all a bit emotional for me. Time flies, life goes on, things change. And it’s difficult to believe I used to call that place home for a significant amount of time. It was super cool diving some of the locations I know like the back of my hand. It was cool being exposed to proper tropical climate. It was cool running into people from the diving community, being recognized and do all the little catch-ups. We stayed outside of big towns but we did have a car for the whole time so we explored a lot. Hikes, road trips, bars, good food. Everything fell in place, I was super happy I got to do it and once my Hague experience is over (and it is coming), I’ll definitely spend a bit more time over there. Not gonna wait another two years. It was way too short tho. One week was cool but I could have easily done like 2 more.
Got back to The Hague Sunday afternoon and it’s been a ride since. Had a bit more work these past couple of days as I was catching up on some of the stuff I missed due to the time off. Perks of being self-employed. I did manage to go for a 20km run on Tuesday (really liked my pace) and I also got back to yoga. That always brightens up my day. Work has been going well, I got some new students, things are staying afloat. No idea how much time I got left in the tank with this but let’s ride until the wheels fall off. I think it’s very cute that every year, I pay higher amounts on social and health insurance and I’m taxed more (to the point of questioning if it all makes sense) while we have billionaires treating this planet like toilet paper not paying jack shit. It’s just so beautiful Elon Musk is about to become a trillionaire because kids… If you work really hard, you will also get a billion dollars. Like all those brilliant men who got it all in a completely ethical manner and most importantly, started from nothing. For real tho… Shout out South Park, shout out Josh Johnson, shout out The Daily Show, shout out Zohran Mamdani shout out Billie Eilish, fuck every single billionaire and every single politician that does not communicate this as the fundamental problem of our society. Fuck this late capitalism, fuck Trump and everybody around him and fuck the whole new Czech government, too. Until we stop dancing to the drum of ultra-rich, we won’t move forwards. This shit is so fucking ridiculous.
Anyways, apart from like everything happening globally, life is good. Been reading some cool stuff and even got to watch the first Star Wars movie. See, we’ve recently finished Andor and since the events of that lead to the New Hope, we kept it going. And even though the original Star Wars is a classic, it fades so bad next to Andor. It’s all understandable. Different time, different style, different mentality. But man… It’s really like dropping 10 levels at once. Oh well… Hope you guys are doing well, keep it light, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. One!
Highlights:
- Tenerife.
- Diving.
- Running.
























No comments:
Post a Comment