Semester 1
Chapter I:
Guidelines (September 01 – September 09, 2016)
Due to the fact I
managed to collect pretty decent amount of miles throughout travels
related to my previous job position, I had a chance to fly to Asia
business class. Business class is awesome. Everybody does their best
to lick your asshole as much as possible. You cut all the lines, you
get wasted in a V.I.P. lounge, you cut some more lines and you end up
fucked up sitting in a big ass chair with a champagne in your hand
with about 4 people constantly asking you whether your asshole has
been licked properly – if there’s a spot that hasn’t, they make
sure to fix it promptly.
Before moving to
Shanghai to sort of reboot my life, I decided to pay a visit to Seoul...
South Korea is plastic. You can say that about many Asian countries,
however, along with Japan, Korea is being considered a developed
one which makes the whole consumerist, guideline oriented energy
even more painful. They have guidelines for education (it’s not
what you can actually apply but about how well you can score), for
relationships (matching clothes, huge stuffed animals, spending
shitloads of cash on each other, listening to one of billions
super romantic street singers), for jobs (don’t do what you do –
matter of fact, don’t even think about what you’d like to do –
just follow the expectations) and I guess for pretty much anything else too. Don't get me wrong, in Europe we generally do the same thing - not to this extent though.
Other than that,
you get what you expect. Flashing neon lights, cheap soju (rice
wine), decent parties and so many places where you can spend
excessive amounts of money on complete bullshit. And a full meal is
pretty much as expensive as a sweatshirt (clothes really do cost
peanuts). Shout out to my new Couchsurfing guys to make this whole
China prequel awesome – I see you!
From Seoul it was straight back
to economy class. No more ballin' this time around.
Highlights:
-
Korean bouncer telling me “You look 17, motherfucker” in order to prevent me from entering one lousy club.
-
Bukhansan National Park – hardcore hiking in flip flops. The view was worth the suicidal mission though.
-
Being one of 7 guys (excluding driver) squeezed in one fucking cab on the way from a party. About 30 minutes drive during which the driver drifted couple of times. Fucking insane.
![]() |
| partying on Seoul subway |








No comments:
Post a Comment