Monday, April 17, 2017

Semester 2 Chapter VII: Family Business & Heights


Looks like summer is here. We kinda skipped Spring though Temperature went from around 11 to 25 in like two days and it seems its gonna stay like this. And I have absolutely no objections


My sis, her boo, my dad and his friend came to visit me for couple of days on their way back from Thailand where they had spent about two weeks. They really didnt have luck in terms of weather for the first couple of days, but eventually, it got gucci. And Im talking really awesome. Before they left, we experienced probably the best visibility I have ever seen in this city... 


I showed them around the city, took them to Qibao, some bars, introduced them to veggie places I enjoy My sis made a dinner one day plus they brought me like a shitton of chocolates, coffee, some peanut butter... You know All the shit that makes you look beautiful. Oh yeah, and on the rare occasions, when I had to deal with my school responsibilities, they kinda went ape shit on shopping at the Science & Technology Museum fake market. Im super glad I missed that


When the good weather kicked in, we went up to Shanghai Tower. This was my first time too. 2nd tallest building in the world with the highest observation deck. Its 180 but the nice lady believed Im 22 so I got a student pass for 120 Lovely. Shanghai Tower might be my favorite skyscraper. I have seen some all over the world but the way this ones designed Its just amazing


Me and my pops also paid a visit to the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center. Since my dads an urbanist, this was a no brainer. Also my first time Located right on the Peoples Square, it has 4 floors and on the top one, there is a huge model of the whole city center covering area from Century Park all the way to Xuhui. Quite impressive


After they left, I met with a friend from France who was in town and went to Le Baron where we partied until like 6am when they pretty much kicked us out. Overall, its awesome that we finally got to a point when you can sit outside in a t-shirt feeling comfortable. Makes hanging out much more pleasant

 
When it comes to school stuff, Im on track with everything. Got about two more months to go and if I dont fuck up, everything should go quite smoothly. It still requires regular work so I do spend some time in libraries but its all good. The weather makes it all better anyway



Highlights:

  • Views from the Shanghai Tower no doubt about that.
  • Kendricks new album!
  • Monopoly + wine evenings with my fam. Back in the days I guess some things just gonna always feel the same no matter what

No comments:

Post a Comment