Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Semester 2 Chapter VI: Breathe In, Breathe Out


The last week was crazy. I submitted my first paper for a conference (although I dont really think I stand any chance), I passed one midterm exam and did a presentation for another course. After that, I slowed down on the school stuff a little bit and enjoyed myself.


So after a couple of months, I rode to Madein Gallery to check their current exhibition which was dope (He An: Dark Purple) and for the first time, I checked the Shanghai Film Museum. Located on Caoxi road, it covers 4 floors of one of the modern ass buildings in the area and its quite impressive. Lots of history, technology, movie posters, interactive elements, prizes etc. It made me wanna find out whether there are still some old-school movie theaters in town I also went to a party in Dada (organized by the Genome guys) which was awesome too


My Macedonian guy got booked for a set at the Cs bar for couple of hours and he asked me whether Id like to join him and do like an hour of djing. Its been a while since Ive done that but adding playing in a club in Shanghai to my resume felt like a pretty cool thing to do, so I went for it. It was a great night, the place was kinda packed, I did some fresh trap shit and even though I fucked up couple of times (not really used to Serato), it was a success. Theres a chance we might do like a proper back to back gig the next month


Temperature continuously rises and my winter jacket is becoming redundant. Thats good news for my fam which is about arrive this Saturday. I want to sort out most of my school stuff till then so I can switch off again. Gotta say, those past couple of days has definitely regenerated my brain. It was fucking needed.


Highlights:

  • Kendricks Humble. Just beautiful (btw, I played the track during my set like 1 day after its release).
  • The film museum. 30 RMB well spent.
  • First comfortable outdoor beer drinking. Thats a milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment