Sunday, April 22, 2018

Semester 4 Chapter VIII: Vegan Shit & Skrrrrrt


As previously announced, I did some detoxing over the past week. I mean, it wasnt like I avoided social life at all, but I took it easy. All the beers and Jack in my system just needed some time to sublimate the fuck off. There were some beers with my peers, some cool hangouts, but most importantly there were some real ass summer days the first ones in Shanghai this year. Thank god...


On Tuesday, me and the gang went to this cool spot at Nanchang Lu. I totally forgot the name but its close to Yandang Lu and Ive passed it like million times already. It has this hipsterish vibe, it feels quite cozy and it even has fucking foreigners working there. Pretty chilled spot. The day after, I paid a visit to a gallery where a friend of mine works. We hung out in this office on the 7th floor with an amazing view on the Pudong skyline, and I tried to help with some shit for their next event. It was cool both for the hangout and for the fact I actually managed to do something manually. If I dont count lifting weights, I rarely do that ever...


On Thursday, I went to check this Spit-Tunes Shanghai event supported by Spittoon Collective and The Shanghai Literary Review at the Meka café by Huangpi South Lu. It was bunch of white and Chinese people reading poetry and playing live music, being all serious, artsy and hysterical about it. Its probably me. Most of white people art seems fucking ridiculous to me. Especially this wannabe high-class shit. Im not saying it was totally bad or not worth a visit, but something about it feels off. It might had been the venue too. And the whole structure. Some of the poems were flat out bad, some of the songs were decent. But how the fuck you play some kinda of rock shit to a dead crown in a café and follow it with an American reading trash poems feeling herself like shes the next Shakespeare. But again, I might be totally missing something... All these well-dressed white people cannot be wrong, right? 


And then there was Friday and another vegan fest in Shanghai my fourth one. This time under the title Earthfest same spot and same concept as the last time. Me and my biking friend met up by my place and rode around 12 kilometers to Songhu Lu. The weather was awesome and the food was amazing. We tried out some cakes, crêpes, and even some black bread burgers. We did those at the ifvegan stand ifvegan is a restaurant close to where I live but Ive been there only once like forever ago. Anyways, I started talking to one of co-owners and we ended up hanging out with her for hours. She kept feeding us amazing stuff and coffee for free. Beautiful. She pointed out that they might be the only joint in town that has all vegan owners and staff. Which is probably correct and it deserves a shout out. Im gonna stop by at the restaurant sometime soon again the food was amazing.


Other than that, I took some time off to cool off, chill out and practice some shit on my skateboard. I usually go the West Bund area and do that by the river. So far, I havent really figured out ollie but I also havent fucked myself up neither. I might be the oldest motherfucker doing shit over there but I try not to focus on that. Oh, I and I also went to this big ass camera mall with my bro he got all new super expensive camera so theres a chance you motherfuckers get to see some skateboard pictorial soon.


Highlights:

  • Jim Jones Wasted Talent. Some stone cold Dipset New York shit. Went totally under radar but got damn, theres some fire on there. And J. Cole... Fucking J. Cole...
  • Got a fresh new back tire on my bike. The previous one got flat and barely looked like a tire after all these daily rides so Im all set again. My favorite motherfucker got it all together, fixed some other minor things and charged me 120 RMB. One day, Im gonna miss these prices.
  • Skating in traffic. Cops dont give a shit, cars dont give a shit... You can just go as you please. And the roads here are usually A1 too so its all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment