Aight, I don’t
really remember what was the last time me pulling two dj gigs in one week but it
had to be at least like 6 years ago. Up until last week. I played with my bro
at C’s on Thursday and then I did
my very first Shanghainese solo set at Ninja on Sunday. Both events were chilled but the Sunday one got kinda lit around 1am, and it turned out to be actually
quite dope. Plus when those motherfuckers told me I can get anything at the
bar, I immediately went for a Hennessy bottle... And that just adds value to your night... Ya dig? There were some of my peers dropping by to show love but
most of them left before it got good... So the lesson is... Next time, come
around 1! I really enjoyed the night tho... Like 4 hours set of bangers on
bangers on bangers... Felt good as hell... Based on reactions, there's volume 2 coming quite soon! YLP bitches!
What else is new... Last week, I went out for some dinners (one of my friends took me to this Vietnamese joint close to West Nanjing Road - great cold veggie noodles!),
went out for some beers, hung out in bars, apartments, hotel rooms... The usual
shit... I also started to plan my
summer... Still don’t have my ticket to Europe
but I’m gonna deal with that real
soon... However, I do have my tickets to Uppsala (I see you, sister!), and also to fucking Montenegro... Can I get a hell yeah?!!
On Thursday, I met with my favorite people from Dragon Burn
to do a dinner at Jen Dow before my thing at C’s.
After that, they talked me into joining them for a beer at Cages.
Apparently, they do like dodgeball tournaments over there on weekly basis. I
had no fucking clue, adults voluntarily play dodgeball... My primary school
memories of playing that are overall horrifying. Any person who was not among the
biggest or strongest kids in the class can surely relate to that. I also did not know that this game has any
kinda rules. They use like 10 balls at the same time, one of them is red, and that one is somewhat special or some shit... Fucking ridiculous... However, I ended up joining them
for a game. Seems they are really good in talking me into shit... So I left Cages like one hour
before my set on my board, being all sweaty... Ready to rock!
On Saturday, I went to the ifvegan restaurant to do like a
late b-day dinner with my biking partner. We let the lovely lady in charge who
was feeding us those amazing things during the Earthfest couple weeks ago join us and
it turned out to be a very chilled and long ass hangout. And the food. God damn
it. She even got a custom cake made as a gift. And that was some mean cake. Food
is life...
Highlights:
- Donald Glover. Thank you for existing. I finished the last season of Atlanta, I’m still amazed by that This Is America video. The song went straight to my setlist. Big up!
- Tee Grizzley’s new project, Blocboy JB’s mixtape... Riding in a motherfucking Ro – ver!
- My supervisor asked me to revise one of his papers and gave me a ton of articles to go through. So I guess I should start spending more time in library again. PhD in this motherfucker!







No comments:
Post a Comment