Okay, so I think I oficially
readjusted to my Shanghainese lifestyle. I spent about half of last week at my
friends’ spot. They had to travel for
a bit so I was keeping my eye on their apartment, taking care of their dog and
cat. And trying to get my shit together – not really
socializing much, not drinking, letting the dust settle and figuring things out.
Oh, and binge watching that murder of Versace series. I guess I really
needed that. Just that, gym, running, walks and bike rides... Rebooting...
Since I felt too lazy to actually look for a room, I simply contacted my previous agency whether they have something acceptable available in my favorite area. And they did. As a matter of fact, in the same fucking apartment I lived in last year. The very same spot I still had boxes with my shit stashed at. No brainer. Didn’t even have to deal with moving... So here I am – the same neighborhood, the same veggie market across the street, the same stadium around the corner, same gym... Feels like home...
I also managed to catch up with most of my
people here. Outside of hanging out with Lithuanians, I caught up with the
whole gang and my biking sis. The vibe is still super cool. We hung out at
apartments, parks, My Place and all...
On Saturday, we organized this whole thing at Century Park.
This petangue thing is quite entertaining over here. I’m aware of 2 parks, where it’s
totally okay to step on grass – Zhongshan park and Century park. The latter being the
biggest one in Shanghai – to my
knowledge. So yeah, after lunch, I hopped on my bike and did a long ride to
meet up with bunch of my peers and spend afternoon throwing metal balls,
drinking, talking shit and living the good life. Took the ferry, checked all
the skyscrapers again... Pretty fucking awesome day... And Chinese still staring in disbelief. It's not really a national sport over here... We wrapped it up at
Lithuanians' with some drinks...
And then there was Sunday. My second solo DJ set in Shanghai
– again in Ninja. I loaded my laptop
with the hottest shit hiphop has to offer and did around 3 hours of straight
flames. Not many people, but man... Free drinks and music you love playing
crystal clear out loud... No objections on my end. YLP bitch. Oh, and speaking
of music, let me just shout out all the amazing shit that was released over the
summer... Astroworld (album of the year for me), Swimming (R.I.P. Mac; this
shit is just beautiful and I've kept spamming everyone with it), new Bun B,
Thug, YG, Nicki, even Em put out an acceptable project... Aaaand, if the rumors
are true, we gonna get Carter 5 in couple of days. And man... Please let it
happen...
So there you have it... I’m
sitting in my new room, bumping Juice WRLD out the speaker... I got a week full
of responsibilities ahead of me... One could say that I’m back in this motherfucker... And one would be right...
Highlights:
- Yesterday, I saw a woman literally wiping her bare ass right by a major road on my way back home. That was a new one.
- Swizz & Wayne – P.O.M.S. Shit goes ham. Those keys tho...
- Cat peeing all over my suitcase. I mean... I like cats... But I’m just more of a dog person... You know...









No comments:
Post a Comment