Yo, so I made it. Last week was all about diving.
I managed to learn some basic techniques to equalize and apart from my second
attempt, which I had to end early, all dives went smooth. At the moment, I’m open
water certified, I’ve spent some time 18 meters
deep hanging out with turtles and all kinds of fish and sea life, and my ears
are nothing but fine with it. It feels a bit addictive. And I mean all of it.
Picture this. You start the whole thing on this nice small boat that drives you
around Gili Islands to the site. You look at the blue blue sea, the islands,
the moutains on the horizon. It’s warm
and sunny. The boat ride itself is great. Then you drop in the water and spend
like 40-60 minutes down there. And since I got the certificate now, we’ve been
on some fun dives past couple of days, which means you don’t do anything but enjoying yourself
and watching the underwater life. Gonna post some pics cause words can’t really do this justice. Also, the certificate allows me to dive without instructors. In other words, we get
to dive with my gf, using our gopro, shooting all kinds of pictures and footage. After all of this, you get back on the boat feeling kinda cold
(one hour under water equals about 600 calories burned), so you just get to the
front and absorb some tropical sun on the way back. So yeah, the diving is the
thing but it’s just everything around it
that makes the whole experience beautiful too. Took me 32 years to get there but
it’s on now. Thinking about doing
additional Advanced Certification which includes some more skills and most importantly
allows you to go 30 meters deep. Which is apparently super useful for lotta
ship wrecks and shit. Not the cheapest thing under the sun but trust me, all of
it is worth it. Looking a turtle in the eye from a distance of 10 centimeters
15 meters deep is crazy.
So yeah, it’s been a lot of that, some cooking and enjoying our home here, watching some movies, shooting stuff for our blog. Oh yeah, that reminds me, we got the first vlog online. You guys can check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIPZNqjQc8o. I got two more in the chamber already and trust me, it gets better. I’m the one doing editing and it’s the first time for me so you can see all the baby mistakes but it’s fun and if we manage to keep it running, it’ll only get better. And shout out to my bro Mickey for the audio edit and music. I see you man!
Also, my dad came to visit! Arrived two days ago, brought me like tons of nice vegan shit from Europe, and a bottle of Jack. These past two days, we’ve shown him around a little bit and spent some nice evenings on the sunset side of the island together. We wrap our days up at our villa with some whiskey and long talks. It’s super cool to have him here – my life does not allow me to see my family very often so I do appreciate this. We have some traveling planned for the upcoming days so it’s gonna get a bit more adventurous.
And that’s it for now. It’s still beautiful over here, everything is going well, I hope you guys are doing well too, and your 2020 is not letting you down so far. Keep your loved ones close and keep shit positive – world needs more of that. My thoughts are with Australia too. One!
- Dad coming.
- Diving. Fucking Diving.
- We got ourselves some sticky papers to catch flies. I would not do that (being all vegan) but god damn, we had like tons of them flying around our pool which made the whole area basically inhabitable. This morning I found a small gecko glued up to the paper. After like five minutes I managed to help the guy get rid of the glue making him all mobile again. He eventually ran away. Thank god.





No comments:
Post a Comment