Yo, so I waited for so long with this one, I’m actually starting the new semester with it.
And when they say, life works in mysterious ways, that shit’s for real. So where I’m at with life now. My Shanghai life
is basically terminated. Will probably drop by eventually for a bit at some point to pick up my stuff and deal with some uni things, but my apartment is gone (my deposit
too), coronavirus is apparently gonna be everywhere in no time, I’m unemployed, and yet to mold
everything back together into something sustainable. As I write these lines, I’m sitting in a super nice hotel room
in Malaysia, still traveling with my gf, got new Royce in my headphones (what a
nice album!)... I mean fuck... How you’re
supposed to not love this. But yeah, my heart does go out to China, to all the
coronavirus victims, to all to scientists and doctors on the frontline... It
just makes you think how fragile shit is.... Lately I’ve been thinking that there’s so
many things in the world people consider important going absolutely under my
radar, and so many other things that are being consistently ignored that just
make me wanna go to war or something. Sometimes it’s like a comedy really... The fact that Adidas and Apple press
Chinese contractors to get people back to work asap, cause they are losing
profit, is pure beauty. Read that shit again and let that really sink in. What
could have been a moment of reflection and recalibration turned out to be
another manifestation of double-standards, hypocrisy, and money over everything
attitude. Good job!
As for this blog. I like it, I’m gonna
keep it running, and for the time being, I’m
keeping the name too. Not sure if I’m gonna
keep the format (or the name) but it is here to stay. If you got any
suggestions, hit me up. And thanks for still being there, clicking my posts,
sending your feedbacks here and there. No idea what makes you stay but you are
that push that has made me do this for all these past years. So let’s make it couple more.
Aight, fuck all of that. I’m gonna run through whatever happened since the Bali trip. I can’t go day by day, partly cause there’s just too many, and partly cause my memory is just not that good. But listen, I did my Padi Advanced certification with Nitrox add-on on Gili T, so I can do way more now. Turns out I’m not really that bad with deep dives and I just happen to love diving more and more every time I’m down there. We left Gili T on 16th and can’t lie – it felt a bit sentimental. Our house was our home for nearly two months and quite some memories were made over there.
We spent last 4 days of Indonesia in Kuta Lombok, mostly
diving again. I arranged pretty comfy transfer (private speed boat – literally just us and crew – and a car) and we got a hostel like
100 meters from the dive shop we found over there. Nothing fancy but perfectly
okay. Kuta really made an impression on me. Before that, we stopped there only
briefly during our road trip (to pick up swim shorts for me) and for some
reason if felt super touristy and busy. The reality is different. There is one
relatively international road with Western restaurants and shops, but most of
the town is very chilled, local and peaceful. Almost made us think whether it
wouldn’t have been a better pick for
a base. Real nice. The diving was also amazing. First day, we did 2 dives
around Kuta Beach, second day, we did 3 at Belongas Bay (that area is a legend!),
and the third day, we did another 2 by Pink Beach. My only problem is that the
rented wet suit was not warm enough, and especially at Belongas, I was getting
real cold, like trembling kinda cold – the worst
fucking feeling when diving, trust me. Also, my regulator wasn’t the best.
The real fucked up part was my health tho. The first night,
I got a bit of fever, and even though it was getting better, I just didn’t feel 100% over there. Stuff was
still enjoyable, I did all the dives but I wasn’t fully
there. And that getting cold part led me to spend too much time on the sun
which resulted in a burned face –
something I’m dealing with till now.
Overall, not the luckiest in that sense. Still a great experience and a lovely
end of our whole Indonesian adventure.
21st early morning, we left the hotel and went to
Lombok airport to catch a flight to Kuala Lumpur. Everything went well, car
arranged by my gf’s work was waiting for us
here, and comfortably took us to a hotel in a city center. The real fun part
started here. It’s the virus time so hotels
take temperatures. Now, I was on 38 and some change – which is not really the best. And picture this – couple of days feeling a bit shit,
hours on a travel with no sleep, burned face, oh and did I mention injured foot
that made me limp? Just a cherry on top.... At that point I really felt my body
is starting collapse. We took a tea around the corner after which the lovely
people let us into the room to let me rest and sleep. Feeling grateful, I did
just that. For the next two days, it was nothing but bed, Marvel movies and
recovery. It did the trick. But at that moment... When the guy got back with 38
on that meter.... I felt the weakest in ages.
Malaysia has been chilled though. Nice breakfasts,
movies.... We hit a mall to check the new Harley Quinn movie yesterday (not
bad) and have a cigarillo under Petronas Towers. Today we dealt with the gf’s Thai visa, went for a lunch, did a
bit of a picnic in a park. Nice and slow. At this point I just feel happy everything
is back to normal – just waiting for the rest of
my face to peel off. Adventure continues, everything is good on my end. Sending
love to everybody out there putting any kind of positivity to the world. There’s no such thing as a small amount of
it. It is not for granted and it should not be treated as such. One!
Highlights:
- Indonesia. Oh my god...
- Sleep. This past week I rediscovered the importance of sleep for real.
- Marvel movies. We did it. We watched them all.


















No comments:
Post a Comment