Thursday, March 5, 2020

Semester 8 Chapter II: Chaos


Hello world, here we go again. First of all, shout out to all my readers again. Throughout past couple of days, some people reached out to let me know they read my blog or they watch the videos weve been making this past holiday. Even though I seriously doubt any of my projects ever goes viral, mainly cause Im too old and lazy to chase followers on social media, it is an absolute honor and pleasure doing this for the couple dozens of yall. Its like our little club. Hehe.




So where Im at now. My life is absolute chaos. Im in a stage where I have no idea where Im gonna be or what Im gonna be doing in a month. Honestly speaking, I have very little idea on whats going on in my life now. All I know is that Shanghai is still not an option due to the coronavirus (my university is pretty clear on that), and I wont stay in Bangkok as long as I thought I would, as I am heading to the Czech Republic in couple of days. That ticket is booked, which makes it one of very few certainties in the picture now. I have no idea how long Im gonna stay there but I am looking forward to seeing my family (specifically my nephew who is growing so fast), my dawgs, my friends... Im looking forward to taking over the responsibility of walking my dads dog for a bit, to do my runs around the castle, to go back to my day 1 gym... It is crazy though. If you asked me a week ago, I would probably give you a completely different plan... But hey, it is what it is so I might as well go with it.


We got to Bangkok about a week ago. A van arranged by my gfs work was awaiting us and took us to the same apartment building she used to live in before Christmas. Same nice compound with a pool downstairs, free gym and spacious flats. Since my gf was feeling a bit off and since her work takes no chances with this virus thing, we spent the next day in a pretty high-end hospital nearby doing all sorts of tests and examinations. This was followed by a self-monitored 2-days quarantine. The good news is, no coronavirus was found.


These days, my gf is heavily invested into her work which makes my days here a bit like a retreat. Im doing my TEFL certification, and this place is the place to do it. I usually work for couple of hours in the morning and then go hit the gym. I was missing gym so much during the Indonesian holiday, I dont really skip days. I also lost like 4 kilos so Im trying to get back to my regular self. For lunch, Ive experimented with some vegan spots around (again, shout out Happycow) and found myself a nice little eatery about 30 minutes walk from our building. Since Thai cuisine is probably the least vegan friendly out of South-East Asian countries (for real, its all meat, fish, fish oil; Indonesia is on a whole different level), finding a 100% vegan local spot with street-food prices that serves variety of plant based meals (buffet style) with tons of mock meat seems like a major win. At this point, they know me over there and its all smiles and friendliness. In the afternoon, I usually work some more and then hit the pool for a swim. I manage to keep in touch with my peers on the regular too. This regime really suits me. I also found a local barbershop and got myself the first haircut since like November. Nobody there spoke any English it was fun. I do have a soft spot for local barbershops.
 



So yeah, got couple more days ahead of me and then its Europe. The funny thing is Im leaving partly because of this coronavirus; however, it seems like every day, there's new cases over there. Shit, even Czech Republic has like 7 now. What a time to be alive. Im gonna check back with you guys soon again trust me, Im probably more curious about my future than any of you. Sending love to all my people, Im gonna see some of you soon. Sending love to my Shanghai fam as well I hope we get to reunite in foreseeable future; wasnt quite ready for this. I do love the fact we talk regularly though. I see you! One!


Highlights:

  • Gym every day. Fuck yes.
  • New Lil Baby and A Boogie. Had a chance to catch up on some music. Love it.
  • Started writing again a bit. Really wanna make this a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment