What’s gucci everybody, here we go again. This is the 9th semester of me doing this motherfucker so let’s take a moment and toast to that. We are still on, we are still good and despite all the bullshit happening in the world, we are still positive over here. So where we at. Covid is still kicking hard. Czech Republic is reporting record numbers these days and we got different countries falling back in to the no-no category. I’m supposed to leave for Canary Islands next week and even though, as we speak, that should still be go, there’s no telling if that’s gonna be the case then. I just hope, it’s gonna happen. When it comes to my Shanghainese life, that’s still obviously on hold. Both my studies extension and my scholarship extension got approved, however, no one can say when the borders gonna reopen for students. So I hope that during this semester I’ll be back there at some point, but who the fuck knows. All and all, this whole year has been a fucking ride.
This past week was a pretty chilled one. I mean, I’ve been busy. It’s September, so I got quite a lot of work offers which is good. The other day, I got an e-mail from this girl I had been preparing for state exams. She failed couple months back, however, after some weeks with me, she passed and credited me heavy with it. And man, shit like that never gets old. I got a first class at AZ Tower – horribly looking tallest building in the Czech Republic. The class was good tho. On top of that, I got some new transcription gigs. Again, been quite busy but since I plan to put most of my work on hold shortly, it’s a good thing.
Monday, I stopped by at my dad’s pub once again for some trivia shit. The regular. Friday, my sister stopped by to give me a haircut (she’s basically a pro at this point) and to share some drinks with me. Since she didn’t feel like driving her scooter after, I just walked her home and delivered that thing to her place next morning. Which marked my first scooter ride in Brno. It was fun, it was fast, I refilled the tank while at it. All good. Then I hopped on my bike and went to my friend’s new spot out of Brno. I love that route. We spent most of the weekend putting down tiles for his garden house. Fresh air, physical work, good food... You know the vibes. Sunday, I rode back, did some work at home, went to feed the girls’ cats (as they’re in Prague) and faded out.
I also had a chance to speak to some of people in Shanghai and Bali last week. I sound like a broken record but I can’t fucking wait to see all of them again. Oh, and my dive computer arrived. So universe, please don’t fuck this up for me. I need this trip. It’s Monday morning, I got new Jaden in my headphones and I’m about to go do some teaching shortly. Sending some positive energy to all of you! Oh yeah, and R.I.P. David Graeber - you were such an inspiration to me and so many others. I'll see you on the other side. One!
Highlights:
- New Big Sean. Some heavyweight shit.
- The scooter. Made me look forward to Canary Islands even more.
- Weekend. Loved it.



No comments:
Post a Comment