It’s Sunday evening, I got a beautiful sunset painting all kinds of pictures out my window, I got new T.I. blasting in my headphones (how awesome is it when one of your all time favs releases a new project), I feel tired in the best way possible, just finished a great homemade curry with green beans for a dinner. I mean, honestly, my spirits have been high, my energy is solid good, all has been good.

I’m on 65 logged dives at the moment and shit ain’t slowing down. That’s the thing I’m slowly getting used to. Now, I’m reasonable enough to recognize I’m still doing baby steps over here. With this internship tho, you get put into situations where you are actually one of the more experienced divers here and there. This is something I am trying to process. It’s not always necessarily about following someone’s instructions but one in a while it’s also about setting the right example, leading the way, helping with stuff and all. It is exciting, it just takes a bit of readjusting. Entering new doors, I guess. Last week, we did a lot of Abades as usual but we also did Tabaiba to do some deep-water skills for one of specialties we purchased. It was basically the same thing I did in Indonesia about half a year back as a part of my Open Water Advanced but it was fun. Tabaiba is a beautiful site, the wreck is awesome, and getting reminded how colors change 30 meters deep is still a bit of a mindfuck. The best part came on Thursday tho. This was actually the first dive we paid for as it included a short boat ride into open sea (the fee was kinda friendly tho). It also marked our first boat entry in Tenerife. We did two sites close to Playa de las Vistas (Moray Cave & Palm Mar Wall) and man, that shit was something else. Both dives about 30 meters deep but the aquatic life over there... Abundance of turtles and different kinds of giant rays... Massive schools of fish. There was a dope statue at the bottom of Moray Cave. Plus the fucking cave. The weather couldn’t be better and the visibility was crystal clear even at the deepest points of the dives. Pure concentrated beauty. On the surface, we even saw some dolphins jumping around. It was too good.

When it comes to my technique, I feel I’m getting little better with buoyancy and navigation. Step by step, still loads to learn. I also dropped 2 kilos from my weight belt. 4 kilos just feel better at this point. If there’s no customers, we’re going through different skills or taking turns in leading our group. Today, I volunteered for assisting DSD (Discover Scuba Diving) customers. Those are people who have basically zero experience with diving and are about to enter the water for the first time. So you gotta have instructor around. However, we can assist and make sure there’s enough moral and physical support, and to help securing smoothness of the whole operation. Our group was two customers, one instructor, me and another fellow intern. I was assisting with some skills in the beginning and then I was just swimming around taking pictures of the guys’ big day. Since I was the only of our crew who wasn’t fully occupied with the newbies all the time, I had a chance to roam around a bit more. I took that opportunity and on the second dive, I spotted two turtles which ended up being totally one of the highlights of the day. So yeah, I suppose everything went well. Spending so much time in the sea doesn’t get old. At all.

Apart from that, it’s still a lot of work. Teaching, transcriptions, studying diving theory. I’m trying to complete one module of the DIvemaster manual per day. It kinda goes, I’m busy as fuck tho. I also try to push at least 40 laps of swimming into my daily routine. I mean, I get quite a lot of workout naturally but I feel I’m slacking a bit. I use my bands like once a week tops. I still get unlimited supply of great food which is both delicious and nutritious. The weather is getting a bit colder in the morning and in the evening but afternoons are still all good. And the ocean is obviously the same temperature, so who cares.

Last week, I had a chance to catch up with some of my loved ones. I see you, I miss you, I love y’all to death. You know what it is. I’m in touch with my fam quite frequently as well. My nephew is still this little rascal causing chaos everywhere you put him but we’re getting into a habit of smiling and waving at one another when we skype. Looking forward to seeing everybody when I get back. I guess December the latest. Covid is still hitting hard. Czech Republic is on 11k+ new cases a day. Nobody knows where this shit is gonna go or where does it end. Stay safe and treat this motherfucker with some basic fucking respect. The truth is, no one knows for sure what to do with it. Not me, not you, not people way smarter and more educated that us. So don’t do stupid shit and don’t believe all the bullshit online. This is still the time for readjustment, for helping one another and to think about what lessons can we take out this. And I don’t really think saving global capitalism should be anywhere close the Top 100 Things To Do these days. Shout out to everyone out there. One!

Highlights:
- All the diving (yet again).
- New T.I. & Viktor Sheen. Flames.
- Swimming on the daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment