Sometimes, I just sit back and take a deep breath to appreciate all the fuckery we’ve found ourselves in this year. It’s still kinda crazy realizing that whatever is going on in the world now would be totally unthinkable a year ago. Now we’re here. And not only, it’s a mess and the response to the pandemic is usually all over the place. Sometimes, it also defeats basic logic. So check this out. Restrictions have been lifted so people from UK can finally travel to Canaries. Good. Since British love these islands, plane tickets immediately became a hot stock and their prices skyrocketed from somewhere around 15 EUR to about 500 EUR one way. Okay. Now, in the UK, covid is still going hard. New infections, lotta restrictions in place. Same here, face masks are not going anywhere, the issue seems far from being resolved. So with that taking place, why not open a fucking convenient corridor between the places so drunk British can run around the islands spreading the shit wherever they go? I mean, I don’t really know what to do here but this seems like a stupid fucking idea no matter from where I approach it. Meanwhile, all hell breaks loose in the Czech Republic. Everything but stores with essentials and borders is on lockdown. My dad was supposed to come to Tenerife with some of his friends today and the flights got cancelled. Shit is still as real as it gets. And there still isn’t any kinda of finish line in sight. Fucking yay.
What’s been happening here tho. Well, mostly diving. So last week we did all kinds of things. I had a chance to assist some Open Water customers (the same guys who did DSD last week), I did another dive for my deep specialty, which marked my deepest dive yet (around 37 meters). I got a bit more confident with my mask removal skills and I’ve been steadily improving my buoyancy for which I get complimented here and there. Started inflating my BCD orally under water and I’m having fun with that. Almost caused a heart attack to my buddy during the deep dive tho. When I pulled the regulator out my mouth almost 40 meters deep to start playing with my BCD, she was sure I’m going through some serious narcosis and shit... Overall, I feel fucking awesome under water. I had a chance to lead a dive with all the briefings and all, and that went relatively okay too. As for the sites, we’ve done a bunch of Abades, but we did Tabaiba too and for the first time we did El Poris, a small town close to Abades. The dive is alongside this massive wall across the shore but more importantly, you can practice deep-water entry over there as there’s a ladder and steps. Actually, today is my first day in about 2 weeks with me not diving. So I just did some resistance bands workout, finished some work and the rest of the day is gonna be studying, swimming, reading and chilling.
I think I’m gonna get my own wetsuit too. It is getting chillier here and even though the rental suits are not bad, I could use a thicker one. Plus I feel this is what diving does to you. You start asking about options, doing your own research, trying to find a piece that would suit you the best. I mean, I’m bleeding money left and right this year, what difference would one wetsuit make, right? Plus I’m pretty sure I’m doing this IDC instructor course as well, so fuck it.
Apart from diving, it’s been the same. Lotta work, some new students which I feel really good about, lotta studying. Still trying to do my swims every time I get a chance to. Apart from that, it’s really just reading, music and trying to get some sleep. I could really use like 40 hour days now. I’m also doing my best to stay in touch with all my peers. Love! Shout out to all my readers too. Stay safe, stay dangerous, keep shit positive, we got this. One!
Highlights:
- All the confidence under water. Shit feels beautiful.
- Briefings. That part of leading the dive I do enjoy.
- Proper workout after like 2 weeks. Felt beautiful.




No comments:
Post a Comment