Okay, so Biden won. I remember years ago I posted a blog commenting on Trump coming into office being all irritated and frustrated about it. I’m not gonna spend too much time on the elections this time around, I’m just gonna drop my two cents real quick. Biden is no solution for anything. He does not question status quo of the system which got us into the mess we deal with in the first place. He does not really deal with growing gap between rich and poor, he does not deal with environmental issues anywhere even remotely close to the point where we need to get like ASAP. He does not call for radical changes, which (like it or fucking not) we need. And I’m not saying he’s as bad as Trump, but then again, there’s not much to compete with over there. My flip-flops probably beat Trump in terms of expertise. My thing is, I’m sick and tired of people pissing on other people’s heads telling them it’s rain. Biden is a bullshit candidate who won’t really change shit in the bigger picture. Cause this global disaster that we’ve entered can’t be solved with by cultivating capitalism. It can be solved by finding ways of overcoming it. Let me spell it out once more... You cannot cultivate a system whose very core is based on constantly increasing production and consumption. Not on a planet with limited resources. This will always lead to pain, to exploitation of people and nature, racism and either directly or indirectly to shitton of other pathological phenomenon we are strangled by as humans. Trump is gone but the problem persists.
Now, when we got that shit out of the way, let’s get to what’s really good. Last week was a bit sentimental as most the interns I did my divemaster with left the island. Hope everyone’s gonna do beautiful from this point on. I feel I got a pretty dope group of people to hangout with over the dives on the daily. And the dives these past days were great too. Monday was probably the most laid back chilled dive I’ve ever experienced. Just me and one other guy from the bunch doing two fun dives in Abades, vibing out, enjoying every breath. It was totally needed after the emergency weekend before. We also completed our wreck specialty dives. That was in Tabaiba and it was the first time I actually got into a wreck. And that shit adds a whole new level to the whole thing. Can’t wait to explore more wrecks when the time comes.
On Thursday, I did a theory day with one of the dive center owners. We were trying out classroom presentations and briefings for confined water. It went way better than expected; I would have passed the shit already by basically freestyling my way through it just like that. Still lots to improve tho. For the rest of the week, I took a break from diving trying to absorb as much theory as humanly possible. Sometimes it’s going slow but it’s going, and talking to my friends, sometimes I’m even surprised what kinda of shit I’m capable of explaining. Who would have thought...
My dad is still on the island so we get to hangout here and there too. Wednesday, we met in this Irish pub with some of his friends for couple of pints. There was live music – this Irish fellow playing guitar and singing. Gotta say, two hours of Irish music is something else. First of all, all Irish songs sound the same. It’s like sailor, love, girl, jibberish, jibberish, hey and then repeat but a bit faster... Repetitive, relatively technical, I can’t really sense much soul in it. But watching all the white men and women vibing out to it and singing along (white people usually look so out of place vibing out)... You could tell that that shit talks to them for real. I mean, I don’t have to be a fan to appreciate that. I like cultures where historical heritage surpasses generations... Where people of different age can connect on something that’s been there for ages. And even though Irish music is just weird as shit and all it resembles for me is like leprechauns, whiskey and drunken blabbering, those motherfuckers have something Czechs really don’t. We are equally fucked up, we drink about as much, but Czechs don’t vibe out to shit. So shout out to Irish!
I met my dad for the weekend too. I introduced him to my host family which went great. They got along super-smoothly. And the weekend was basically beers, drinks, studying, more beers, more studying, some workouts, food.... Nice balance of all of that. After he dropped me back Sunday evening, we got a dinner with my hosts, grabbed a beer in a bar by the beach and called it a day. Enjoyed it all...
I feel refreshed, I feel I’ve done quite a lot, I’m ready for some more dives. I won’t probably dive everyday now cause I really need to do quite a lot of studying but I’m thinking like every other day could be okay. Oh, and after paying like 40 EUR to PADI, I’m a Master Scuba Dive now too. Not that it matters much. I also got a PADI backpack as a part of my Instructor crew-pack. Like 3k EUR backpack... Gucci who? On top of that, I had a chance to properly catch up with most of my people all over the world, I had a chance to listen to some new music, got new Trippie in my headphones as we speak... Sunday is almost over and there’s lotta shit to look forward to. Positive vibes and some love to everybody out there. One!
Highlights:
- Got a haircut by my host's friend at this sketchy underground shop/club nearby. Great hangout, proper haircut, 5 EUR. Pretty awesome.
- Wreck dives.
- Actually processing some of the physics an physiology shit.






No comments:
Post a Comment