What’s good everybody, it’s Sunday and you already know what time it is. Your favorite blog is up and running again so let’s just get to it. It’s a beautiful morning, I got new Billie Eilish on the deck, sea outside the window is looking as blue as ever... One would almost forget what the world is going through nowadays. Two days ago, I completed my 99th logged dive so the next time I’m gonna speak to you, I’ll be in 3 digits. Who would have thought...
So diving. Monday, we did a new site. Never been there before. It’s called Las Eras and it’s one of the small local villages, not too far from Abades. Nice little beach entry and a lovely dive alongside a wall. There’s a statue of Buddha over there too, so we all padded his belly. For good luck. We also did Tabaiba once and Abades, of course. Two days in Abades were all about skills. It’s going. There are some I can totally improve and there are some I can deliver with ease. I’m just happy that I’m 100% confident with all the no mask shit finally. Feels great. Oh, and I got me a second-hand Go Pro from this guy in Santa Cruz. So there’s some diving pics and possibly videos coming in the future. I also completed all of my e-learning materials for this instructor course that’s in front of me and I feel somewhat ready. We’ll see how it all goes.
I had a chance to hangout with my dad couple of times too. We kinda became regulars at this spot by the beach not far from my building. They serve a pint of draft beer for 1 EUR – Tenerife is possibly the only place in Europe where you can commonly get beer cheaper than in the Czech Republic. Covid is hitting a bit harder over here tho. There’s tons of new regulations some of which affect diving too. E.g. you cannot gather in a group larger than six people. So when we got more than that, we have to take two vans, enter the water separately and not even communicate on the shore between the dives. On top of that, smoking is prohibited even in the outside area in restaurants which I personally don’t give a fuck about much, but my dad really wasn’t a fan. And like 50 other adjustments. Lovely. My dad left on Saturday and he arrived safely back home. It was good having him around for a bit.
And there’s been lotta work as usual. That’s still going. My supervisor from Shanghai asked me about my dissertation status. My Chinese life seems so distant that sometimes I forget it’s still there. I haven’t touched my dissertation in ages so we didn’t really talk for long. That shit is gonna get resumed when I’m back there... Up until then, it’s on a major pause.
So it’s still good over here. I’ve been working out a bit more during my study days and this big ass pool outside my building is still totally okay for swim. Temperature is not dropping. Oh, that brings me to an epic line I just heard today on the new T.I. album: “be a thermostat, not a thermometer”. I like that one. I could still use some fortune telling to see what the fuck my life’s gonna be like in a month, in 3, in a year... Who the fuck knows... My people are doing well tho which makes me happy. Everybody else, stay safe, stay positive and be aware... One!
Highlights:
- The Trial of the Chicago 7 – real good movie.
- New Chainz and Billie.
- Fucking Go Pro. Feels good to have one.



No comments:
Post a Comment