What’s good everybody. First of all, let me shout out new Carti’s album one more time. That shit is absolutely amazing. It’s so unorthodox and creative it’s blowing my mind. Haven’t felt like this about a project since Yeezus. Okay, also shout out to Tenerife. Even though we are apparently experiencing coldest January in years over here, it’s still nice. I mean, I can’t wait to get real summer back again but this is not bad. Also, covid... So the situation here is getting a bit better but that might not mean much. In the Czech Republic, on the other hand, it’s going absolute shit. Reading the news about vaccination coordination, it’s really hard to comprehend the degree of incompetence showcased by our leadership. 2021 is yet another chapter of the shit show that started a year ago.
When it comes to diving, I still love every second of it. And it loves me back. Last week, I was turning an Open Water diver whom I certified a while back into an Advanced diver. She had no plans going that far but she was enjoying herself so much she just went for it. That makes me feel great. I was also diving with this British dude couple of times and got a bottle of Red Label from him as a thank you for the good time he had. It’s really fucking awesome. On top of that, I did another OW cert and worked with our DM intern. I feel like I get reminded that I’m pretty good at what I do every single day. And I’m really starting to feel uncomfortable bringing all this business and extremely positive feedback in for free. I don’t really vibe out amazingly with the organization and I’m kinda getting a feeling that they expect me to do this under these conditions for god knows how much longer. Which I’m totally not okay with both on energy level (cause I’m a strong believer in that) and on financial level (cause honestly, I’m barely getting by with this setup). So two things are happening. I’m obviously sending my CV left and right (which is a bit of a struggle in the midst of this covid era) and I’m also thinking about easing up a little. Possibly dive only 3 or 4 days a week and focus on language teaching or just chilling out instead. Basically to make the situation a bit more financially okay for me and to make it more acceptable for my ego. Because I’ve totally reached a point where whatever this is... it’s not fine with me anymore. I mean, I’ve been practically carrying the whole dive center by myself for more than a month now for fuck’s sake; no assistance, no mentoring. But then again... This is only noise in the background. The diving itself... I was made for this.
What else... Haven’t been too social this past week. Got myself out on Friday when a friend of mine invited me over for a dinner and some drinks. She made some noodles with sesame sauce. Reminded me of Shanghai. Awesome meal. I kinda missed the curfew time that day and man... When I was driving back home, it felt like I was in some sort of computer game where they forgot about other characters and traffic... It was literally only me. Crazy. I also got into a habit of evening walks around the beach. Just putting some music on and roam around. Today’s my day off, I already finished my workout and I’m totally doing some running later on.
I’ve been in touch with all my people too. I honestly hope that 2021 is gonna be a year of reunions. Listening to the new dvsn now (shout out to you know who), enjoying slow paced day for a change. I hope everybody’s doing okay and everybody’s staying safe and healthy. Keep it up, keep shit positive and don’t entertain bullshit. One!
Highlights:
- New dvsn.
- All the dives. That’s always gonna be a highlight.
- Fight Club & 21 Grams. Gave those movies another go last week. Fucking classics.


No comments:
Post a Comment