Monday, September 19, 2022

Semester 13 Chapter III: Montenegro Volume 3

It’s Monday morning and I’m sitting in this apartment in Podgorica. In about two hours I’m heading to the airport which concludes my current trip. And man, it was a good one. I spent the first half of last week in the Czech Republic. Took my dad to get a tattoo and then got another one myself, met with some more people, hung out with my family. It was fucking awesome. 






Wednesday evening, I hopped on a bus to Katowice where I arrived shortly after midnight. The connection wasn’t the best so I had to wait for about 6 hours for my flight. Luckily, I managed to spend some of that time sleeping. I made it to Podgorica at 8am. The girls arranged a rental car and the guy took it to the airport. So I actually drove to the girls’ mom’s apartment. I met with one of them as the other was on her way from Australia. We spent most of the day indoors as she managed to broke her leg couple of weeks back. It was great to be back and catch up. Their mom took her role as host super seriously and kept feeding me nuts, fruits and veganized local food. Mountains of food. I feel I’m still stuffed from that. Later in the afternoon, we moved to another apartment in Podgorica the girls rented for a month. We also did a trip to this lake not far from the city and then spent the rest of day drinking beer at the balcony and eventually got joined by the second sister. 



 

Friday morning and early afternoon, we all worked. Around 5. we hopped into the car and took it to this town close to Tivat to an Airbnb. The drive was quite adventurous as the fog up in the hills was thick as hell. We all survived tho. I’ve been to that area before, it’s beautiful, the views are amazing… Great pick. In the evening, we visited some of their friends and I got to experience some more of local hospitality. Some people our age, some of their parents, some beer, good vibes. 



 

Saturday and Sunday, I reunited with one of my favorite people from my Shanghai era too. Hadn’t seen that girl for nearly three years. Lotta things has changed and I kinda wished we got to spent a bit more time together but it was still great to do this. Totally brought back some memories. We went out to dinners, had some drinks and on Sunday, we did a little road trip and spend a lotta time by the sea just talking shit, drinking and listening to music. I loved the energy. We made it back to Podgorica in the evening, went for a dinner to this amazing Indian place and wrapped the day up. 



 

And that’s that. If everything goes well, I’m back in Tenerife this evening, I’m more dedicated to do this Bali thing next year and I really want to start spending some more time on figuring out what comes next. And again, I’m super happy I got to do this. One! 




 


Highlights:

  • Reunions.
  • Tattoos.
  • Road trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment