Okay, this one hit different. I love hip-hop. I love this culture. Wholeheartedly. And I hate that this happens in it. The last time someone’s demise fucked me up like this was when I learned about Nipsey back on a subway in Shanghai. Well, now it’s Takeoff. There’s not much to say here. He was easily was of my favorite modern rappers. I remember listening to Migos in 2014 when I was briefly staying in Nanjing. That was before Culture. I remember listening to Culture when it dropped. I was in Malaysia with some friends and that shit blew my mind. Slippery is still one of the coldest tracks of 2010s. I loved Last Rocket, I loved Culture III and the last album he released with Quavo just couple weeks back is amazing. And I know rap is a hypocritical genre. I know that it’s all love one day and I’m gonna shoot everybody up the next. I know it’s lotta violence in lyrics, I know it’s lotta violence in the streets. But there’s also energy that brings people together, there’s certain kind of demeanor..., there’s flow, there’s something between the lines that connects millions of people all over the world. And Takeoff was one of the good ones. No stupid beef, no aggression towards anybody. In his zone, killing beat after beat… One of the most unique voices and flows of this generation. He was 28. For fucks sake. So yeah… Rest In Peace man. And thank you. You definitely made your mark and you will be missed in the game.
Outside of that, I feel like I’m in a transition phase. Diving is still pretty much dead and I honestly don’t expect much of change when it comes to that. I’m working on some other things now, exploring possibilities and mapping out my next steps. I don’t feel like sharing too many details over here as I have no idea how it all turns out, but there are definitely some things shaping up. The question really is “when” do I leave Tenerife for good. Might be by the end of the year, might be sometime in the spring, might stay couple months more. It should be a bit clearer in couple of weeks. One way or another, I’m spending a portion of winter in Europe. I’m either relocating or just enjoying couple of weeks of there by the start of next year. We’ll see how it all goes.
Life over here has been good but totally uneventful. Which is a recurring problem with Tenerife. It’s a great place to get some good air, to be close to the ocean, to keep all your healthy habits… But not the best place to experience shit. Plus the friend I hang out with the most wasn’t here for the whole week. So I focused on work, my workouts… I wrote a little bit. Hoping I’m getting in my zone again. Another shot at making this shit a habit. Oh, and I changed tires on my car and got the sticker for the next year. Pluto passed the technical check!
Well, it’s Sunday morning, I’m checking out the new Taylor Swift album just to see what’s all the fuss about (it’s actually pretty good) and apart from one class in the afternoon, I have a free day ahead of me. Haven’t decided on what to do with it yet but I’m sure I’m gonna figure it out. I hope you guys are okay. Stay safe and keep shit positive. Shout out to everybody out there. One!
Highlights:
- Moving forward.
- Running on the daily.
- Actually go to swim in the ocean one. Might do a bit more often now when I don’t really dive.





No comments:
Post a Comment