What’s up everybody! Here we go again… Couple of days delayed but I guess that’s what happens when lotta shit is going down at once. This is definitely something I’ve been enjoying over these past couple of weeks. Ever since I got out of Tenerife, I’ve barely had time for all of the podcasts, music releases and most of online shit I normally do. And the streak is going on. Over the last week, I’ve experienced some more cool shit, I’ve seen some more spectacular things… We’re doing good over here. So without further ado…
It feels like we’re crossing spots and places off the list one by one. Last week, we spent one evening in the Stanley Park which just across a bridge from the West Vancouver on the way to downtown. It’s a pretty big one and it’s covered with trees, green areas and beaches. At one of those, they hold this hippie gathering every Tuesday. And we got to witness it. It’s basically just a bunch of people playing drums and some others dancing to it. It is pretty appealing and it sounds like something you could enjoy apart from the fact there’s crowds of spectators everywhere. So you basically get drunk or high, get half naked and dance your flip-flops off while being observed by bystanders shooting content for their IG stories. And I know one thing for sure… If it’s time to do any of that, audience is the last thing I need. I still respect the fact they do this. Public space really seems pretty lively over here. Around 10pm, police comes to shut this shit down so it’s not really an all-nighter tho. But hey, if it works for folks, why the fuck not…
One of these evenings, we also went to the Horseshoe Bay. It’s an area couple of kilometers west from Vancouver with some more beaches and views at surrounding islands. It’s also a spot where local divers go to to do their thing. I was looking at options but diving here is not really price-friendly, it requires a dry-suit and July is also not the best season in terms of visibility. Still playing with the idea but I might pass on that.
The real shit started Friday evening tho. We packed the car with all the necessities and went up north. We made it to the Pemberton area where we got joined by two guys whom I met before during one our little hangouts. We spent the first night in the middle of nowhere, couple of kilometers off the main road. Fire, conversations and some weed gummies which are 100% legal over here. Another thing, which is completely legal in Canada, is fucking gay marriage. I try not to get angry about it anymore but I would still like to issue a sincere fuck you to the Czech political leadership. You guys are ass-backwards, you live in the fucking stone age and you should be ashamed of yourselves. Not gonna go much deeper than this (I’ve done it several times before) because fixing this is pretty much in the same ballpark as abolishing slavery or giving women voting rights. Just because some stupid shit has been happening for ages doesn’t make it right. So yeah, you can stick your traditional values up your ass and let people breathe. Over and out.
The day after, we drove to Pemberton, got ourselves some coffee (I tried Canadiano – latté with maple syrup; shit is a real sugar bomb) and then we proceeded to our actual destination. We parked by the start of the trail to Wendy-Thompson Hut. In Canada, you got national parks, provincial parks and then areas with not such certification. And we picked one of those. There are still marked trails and it’s still pretty user-friendly, there’s just no tourism infrastructure, no restrictions in terms of camping (no dedicated camping areas) and it all feels more like “on your own risk” kinda deal. First, we walked for about an hour and a half up towards the hut. Even though we carried tents, sleeping bags and all the essentials, it all went pretty smooth, the hike was great and the scenery was gorgeous. All the woods, mountains and lakes. And again, the vastness of all of it. Sometimes it’s hard for a human brain to compute how big shit actually is, perspective is melting, scale feels all the way fucked up. The actual hut is a self-service spot which you can book online and use as a shelter. It’s located on the verge of the tree line and alpine line, just by a lake. It’s crazy how crystal clear water is everywhere. You literally get to drink it directly from streams. When we got there, we continued a bit more uphill in search of a camping spot. Even though the hike was pretty fucking epic, for some time it seemed we might eventually have to head back to the hut and set the base over there. Lotta boulders, very windy and cold spots, not enough space for tents etc. Karma was good to us tho. We finally did find an amazing place with a great view, big enough for everything we needed, and that’s where we slept for the following two nights. And boy oh boy… Words can’t really do justice to what that shit looked like. We got to do some off-trail hiking around the peaks the day after and you really get hit by visuals so beautiful, it sometimes get difficult to process. Plus the fucking night sky with bloody full-moon... Even the dehydrated food we bought for the journey was good, everything about it was enjoyable and there wasn’t a single soul around for the whole time. And I liked the vibe of our whole group too. Fucking awesome.
Monday morning, we packed it all up and head down to the car. Then it was back to Pemberton for some burgers and then all the way down to Squamish where we took it to this crystal clear river. Cold as fuck but we all dipped in. I managed to get my face sunburned over the weekend so ice cold water felt real good. Couple of beers afterwards and then back to Vancouver, back to work, back to reality. Tuesday was pretty chilled and in the evening we got invited for a little hangout at some other fellow Czechs’ apartment. Happy days.
So yeah, shit’s still looking great. As I see more and more things, I’m starting to run out superlatives but hey... You don’t really see this everyday. Spent about two weeks over here, got three more to go, feeling excited about all of it. Hope you guys are doing well, hope your summer’s shaping up to be a good one and your spirits are high. Sending some love to everyone out there. One!
Highlights:
- Hiking.
- Stanley park.
- Black Mirror. Check out couple of episodes… Motherfuckers still on point.





































No comments:
Post a Comment