Monday, November 6, 2023

Semester 15 Chapter X: To The Pluto And Back

Alright, so it’s official. I am no longer a car owner. On Friday, I sold out my beloved Fiat Punto (aka Pluto) back to the guy who I bought it from about 2 years back. It was a headache. I had to invest quite a lot of money into it to get it running again when I got back here, and I had to pour in some more while trying to pass the technical check. Which I eventually didn’t. See, those fuckers gave me a list of issues, I got them all resolved (and it wasn’t cheap), drove it back… And they gave me a new list with whole new issues. Like, motherfucker, can’t you check it all at once so we don’t have to do this? At that point, I gave up, called the guy and told him that I don’t have neither time nor energy to deal with this shit. I sold the car for peanuts but at least it covered the repairs I’ve paid for these past couple of weeks. And I feel pretty easy knowing I’m not gonna deal with cars anytime soon again. But hey, let me express my gratitude to this old timer. Pluto served me well. Even though it didn’t like steep hills and had a tendency to overheat, we did quite a lot of epic road trips with fam and friends, I used it for daily commute when I still believed diving could be a career… It even became a part of my dating life to some degree. I liked that car. So yeah, hope you got some more years ahead of you, my friend.

 


In terms of other things, I’ve been really in a chill mode. You see, being here just for these couple of weeks is great. I make sure I dip in the ocean at least once a day (something I totally didn’t do like ever when I actually lived here), I often go on my evening stroll with some music on… Just enjoying the sound of waves, the views, the temperature, the air. I’m getting little bored but it’s not too bad, especially knowing that in couple of days I’m back in Europe. Oh, and I read like a motherfucker. I’m on my fourth book (which makes it pretty much a book a week; and pretty thick ones) and I’m loving it. Getting lost in those pages is amazing.

 


Apart from driving to the technical check, mechanic’s and eventually to Adeje to sell the car, there was only one really cool thing happening. Before I came here, I initially wanted to stay only till the end of October but then I decided to prolong it a little (to get some more warmth before winter). Turned out to be a good call as on Saturday (which was yesterday), they threw another of their psy-trance full moon parties. It took place just above Medano as usual so it was walking distance. And it was great. I was flying somewhere in the outer space and got back home around 8am feeling great. I would like to shout those guys out. They are Atlantis Tribe Canary Islands and what they do is just awesome. It’s pretty much the only solid line of music events over here, they have a great sound system and the vibe is usually great. I would still appreciate a bit less alcohol and a bit less guys who at some point start losing their shirts and act all wild. I mean, to each his own but I could live without that. Anyways, I’ve definitely experienced some amazing parties with this group (highlight gotta be one about one and a half years ago with this girl I met through diving; that was simply epic) and when I make it back to Tenerife at some point, I hope they’re still on and I’ll have another chance to participate. Cause the combination of some good music, neon lights and dark night sky just hits different.

 


Work has been going well too. With no self-promo (which is probably utterly stupid), step by step I manage to get rid of classes with lower rates, replacing them with some solid ones. There’s still work to do but man… The difference between now and a year ago is drastic. So yeah, before AI takes this job away from me, hopefully I’ll stay on this track. All my other healthy routines and still in check, all is well. On Thursday, I’m flying back so this is the last blog from Tenerife for some time. Even though the initial plan was to stay here longer, I’m happy that I don’t. I have some connection with this place and I’m grateful for all the diving, all the beautiful people I’ve met here and all the beautiful situations that resulted from that, but I don’t belong here. I like the idea of popping back here and there tho. Sending love to everybody reading. One!

 


Highlights:

  • The rave.
  • My host’s dog (named Deco) finally accepted me and let me pet him. We made it!
  • Letting of Pluto. So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment