Sunday, March 3, 2024

Semester 16 Chapter I: Antalya Czech-In

Okay, can I talk my shit again? Let’s kick of the 16th semester! First of all, let me plug myself up once more. Me and my bro Mickey made this new track, I am really happy about the way it turned out and you can listen to that shit here. It’s been like 5 years since we did a song together. After a really long time, I actually wrote a full song with a hook and I kinda like the message. You see, that’s what I fucking love about rap. I get to be as contradictory as I wanna. Cause contradictions are human. Lightness, darkness, softness, toughness, sensitivity, numbness… It’s all there for us to navigate through. So yeah, make me happy, make my cry…

 


I kinda feel the last couple of weeks have been quite eventful. Both in the sense of traveling and my inner little universe. In a good way. Shit seems a bit more intense than usual which is actually a welcomed change. Predictability is boring, colors are fun. Anyways, looks like I’m gonna do one more trip to The Netherlands in less than two weeks. Who would have thought I’m gonna be traveling there this regularly couple of months back, right?

 


Last week tho. My dad’s partner’s bday party was cool. I didn’t stay long but the vibe was cool, alcohol was flowing (not through my system) and everybody was having a good time. On Monday, I went to my dad’s pub once more to support the old timer at the trivia night. As usual, I contributed next to nothing but we did placed third. And I identified some Daft Punk tunes for them. Harder, better, faster, stronger…

 


On Wednesday, I met up with two of my close ones in Alfa Café once more. Apart from that, I wasn’t very social. It’s been quite a lotta work and sometimes I kinda need some time by myself anyway. Friday morning, I left the house with dad to meet up with sis and nephew at the railway station. We took a train to Budapest. We checked into our accommodation there and spent the evening wandering around, getting some dinner at this random Chinese place and talked some shit before going to bed. The following morning, we caught a bus to the airport and hopped on a plane to Antalya.

 


See, this whole trip is a birthday gift for dad. And a pretty good opportunity to spend some time together as a family. Hadn’t it been for my sis’s breakup, we would have never done this in this line-up. But that’s how life goes, I guess. And even though my nephew can be an absolute nightmare for no reason sometimes (shout out to all the parents out there), it’s been going quite well and it all feels good. Grateful for being able to do it all. Love them all.

 


At the airport, we met up with a guy from this car rental company, got the car and for the first time ever, I got to drive the streets of Antalya. Feels pretty awesome to be back here. Centuries ago, this was my very first experience living abroad. I was broke as fuck, I had no idea where I was going in life, I was maintaining a long distance relationship while at it, I was a mess. Then again, apart from being broke as fuck (knock on wood), not much has changed, right? Hehe… For real tho, it all seems pretty familiar around here. The streets, the mountains, the sea. Makes a motherfucker sentimental a bit… Oh and the driving the local traffic is a fucking adventure. Fast, chaotic, I love every bit of it.

 


I gotta stop at one thing here tho. So look, we are staying in Konyaalti, the same area I used to live in back then. It’s a bit more local part of the city and it has this super long road by the sea. Gotta be at least 6 kilometers. Now, the last time I was here, it was pretty much a highway. 2 lanes each directions, the traffic was super fast and since locals pretty much ignore zebra crossings, it used to be nearly impossible to cross it during peak hours. And it didn’t really feel very safe neither, obviously. Now, check this out. Since the last time I was here (8 years back), they replaced the road with pavement-like surface, put a whole bunch of speed bumps everywhere, turned it into a 40km/h zone and made it narrower. Now it’s just one lane each direction and the rest is a cycle lane and a dedicated strip for running. They pretty much turned it from a motorway into a super slow and chilled area super friendly for pedestrians, runners, cyclists and kids. And it makes me so very happy, I can’t even… Shit should be in a textbook somewhere. I wanna know more… Who came up with it, what was the pushback, who designed it, how much it cost, how long did it take to realize. Like god fucking damn… In Prague, someone suggests that the might possibly maybe turn a parking lot into a park and it causes a fucking mayhem among car owners. And here they’ve done this. My utmost respect to everybody involved.

 


Anyways… It's our first morning here, I just finished my coffee, talked some human anatomy with my nephew, listening to some Led Zeppelin… And shortly, we’re about to a road trip. I hope you guys are well, hope your life is whatever you want it to be, hope you’re keeping it positive and y’all don’t entertain bullshit. Sending love to everybody out there. One!

 


Highlights:

  • Life.
  • My people. For fucking real.
  • Antalya.

No comments:

Post a Comment