Monday, March 25, 2024

Semester 16 Chapter IV: Chilling

I really appreciate what I do. And every time I feel I wanna bitch about it, I remind myself of it. I mean yeah, sometimes I miss some of the good old benefits of regular employment like paid vacation, sick leave, bonuses and shit like that but the current pros definitely outweigh all that. For the time being. First of all, I see sense in this. I teach and if I do it well, I feel happy, students feel happy, you see the outcome, there’s very little bullshit involved. And you cannot say that about many other jobs. Furthermore, I have no boss. My track record has shown that I don’t deal well supervisors (which is probably somewhat connected to my heavily limited ability to deal with bullshit) and not having any suits me beautifully. And on top of that, I get to do this. I can just pack my laptop and fuck off wherever I want for as long as I want and do it as often as I want. So yeah, checking back in from The Hague.

 


This blog is not gonna be very long. Hague is a nice city but it’s really not that big and at this point I don’t feel too motivated to just roam around. Especially knowing I’ll probably gonna be back couple more times. Sure, I go for my little walks, I have my running route, I get out couple of times a day but there’s no pressure. And both me and my friend work full-time so there’s that. Over the week, we spend some quality time together, had some really good talks, we ran together once and we also stopped by to this vegan burger joint not too far away. It’s all been very positive and smooth. I feel good about being here.

 


It’s Monday morning and I’ve gotten couple of cancellations for today which isn’t really a big deal. I’m gonna take up some more classes starting April which is gonna make my schedule a bit insane but then again… There’s summer approaching and that always gets a bit quieter. So working some extra hours before that might not be the worst idea. Anyways, enjoying the time here and hope you guys are doing well too. Sending love to everybody out there. One!

 


Highlights:

  • The Hague.
  • The sea.
  • Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment