Hello everybody, here we go again, this time from my lovely hometown of Brno. Having reasons to travel around is great. I’ve toned it down a bit over the past couple of years. At the moment, I don’t necessarily aim at moving to the other side of the globe and set up a new life over there as I appreciate my little circles around here too much, but I still love to switch places. And last week, it was The Hague, it was Amsterdam, it was Prague and now back to this motherfucker. So without further ado…
I like how I’m getting used to the Dutch scenery. All these bikes, canals, parks… It’s all becoming very natural and familiar at this point. Plus the sea. I’ve said it couple of times before: I honestly believe that access to sea improves quality of life. You don’t need to swim in it; just walking around it, smelling the air and watching the waves does something to your psyché. So last Monday, we went out to this beach bar. I still wasn’t warm enough for us to sit outside but hanging out by the beach felt great regardless. The rest of my Hague stay felt chilled too. Some walks, some coffee, happy days. My friend went traveling on Thursday, I spent one additional night and Friday morning, I was on a bus to Amsterdam.
And that was also really good. All that catching up, coffee and good food. We watched Poor Things, too. A really good movie. Oh yeah, and I managed to do two of my regular runs over there. I’m sure I’ll be back sometime soon. Friday evening, we went out for dinner to this hummus place. See, I like The Netherlands but when it comes to bars and restaurant, it’s a bit painful. I mean, I’m doing well (knock on wood). Work goes well, rates make sense, all is good. But being financially pretty fucking good in the Czech Republic equals to being sort of kind of okay-ish in Netherlands. So yeah, some pita bread with hummus cost you about as much as some fine dining experience where I come from. The best part was the water tho. They charged 8.5 Euro for a 0.7 liter bottle of sparkling water. Which is probably the most expensive water I have ever drank. More power to them!
Saturday evening, I was on a bus to Prague and I spent the whole Sunday over there. My friends were doing some graffiti on this wall so I just stuck around hanging with my current tattoo artist and her dog. And boy oh boy, was the weather beautiful. See, in Netherlands, there was no way for me not to wear a winter jacket outside. In Prague, I was happy in short sleeves. Proper summer. We got some drinks later on and around midnight, I arrived to Brno.
It’s Easter Monday now, I got a little bit of work today but not too much really. Hope everybody is well, hope y’all feeling okay, you keep it positive and you don’t entertain bullshit. Sending love everybody out there and shout out to all the readers. One!
Highlights:
- My people in The Netherlands.
- My people in Prague.
- Got myself a ticket to Japan for September. Tokyo, here I come!




No comments:
Post a Comment