Monday, April 8, 2024

Semester 16 Chapter VI: Talking My Shit Again

Okay, I’m gonna start with some hip-hop shit. I love what Kendrick Lamar is to the culture. I love how non-conventional he gets on his albums and I got so much respect for topics he brings up. Plus he’s a fucking skilled rapper. I also enjoy when he gets on his cocky shit and ignites some beef here and there (the thing he did in Control back in the day was insane). It was such a treat hearing his verse on Like That couple days back. And as I’m listening to this new J. Cole album while writing this, I realize how difficult is keeping up with him. I mean, I got nothing but love for Cole too but damn. He’s not seeing him. Energy-wise, flow-wise, catalog-wise, content-wise… This whole stir is super entertaining tho. Some healthy competitiveness in rap is beautiful. I think Royce once said that if you rap and don’t think you’re the best, why the fuck you even do it. And that’s exactly what’s going on over here.

 


To change the topic, over the past couple of days, I’ve been on some documentaries about North Korea. See, once in a while, I feel like catching up with what’s up with that country and it never disappoints. It’s like an extremely elaborate art-piece worked out to perfection. In the worst way possible. The fact that that shit is still afloat is mesmerizing. It looks like some medieval horror-core travesty with rulers that are gods in a very literal sense. No food, public executions, hackers, selling drugs, but also whole lotta nuclear weapons and hydrogen bombs… You wouldn’t believe. My favorite part was when they found a direct connection between concentration camps in the country and basically all fast fashion retails. Like China actually bypasses sanctions and there’s a good chance that your Zara, H&M or Armani jacket was made over there. Go fast fashion! Gonna give myself some break now but I’m sure that when that time comes again, I’m gonna be staring at some new shit with the same amount of disbelief as I always do.


Okay, back to my adventures. Last week was kinda back to normal. Lotta work, lotta work-out, daily runs, but also I managed to catch up with sis couple of times. First time seeing each other after that family vacation so it felt a bit overdue. I also spent a morning with my former flatmate from about 13 years ago. Lovely hangout. Also, one of my students was visiting Brno and he suggested grabbing some coffee since we’ve been looking at each other on a screen for about a year. I’d never done this before but it was actually cool. And I’m grateful for working with nice people. Like it’s not just about the actual teaching, it’s also that the vibe during classes generally works. Which always reminds me that, in that sense, I’m exactly where I belong.

 


On Friday, I caught up with my rave bro. We went to this Fraktal event and once again, we pretty much closed the club around 8am. It was a really good party, shout out to everybody involved and all the djs. Love. When I finally made it home, I nearly canceled on my fried with whom I’d arranged some Saturday afternoon hangout and extensive Sunday morning run. After sleeping some of that party off, I decided to give it a shot tho. The weather has been very summery and I really didn’t feel like killing the whole weekend on the couch. I mean, I love the weather but I also know that in April, it has no business being like this. We’re on a fucking highway to hell in this bitch. Anyways, I grabbed my bike and went about 20km to my friend’s place. It woke me up and by the time we were chilling with some beers later on (still non-alcoholic, still on it), I felt back to normal. The morning after, we did a bit over 30km, we did it under 3 hours and it was fucking gorgeous. Some deer, some rabbits, nature was spectacular, sun was shining… We need to gear up a bit (like these water sacks and shit) and next time, we’ll aim at marathon. You can kinda do 30km with no water but those extra 10+ km would be really fucking uncomfortable. We’re on it tho.

 


After that run and some lunch, we patched one of my bike’s inner tube which I managed to puncture and then I was on my way back. Stopped by at a store to get a new tire as it was absolute shit and got some extra tubes, lights and some kits to be more self-sufficient on the road. Got back home, had some more food with dad (since we burned over 3000 calories in the morning, it was only right) and then just chilled. Finished this 3 Body Problem series which was not too bad and I don’t have much else planned for the rest of the day. Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves too. Sending love everybody out there. One!


Highlights:

  • Bikes.
  • Runs.
  • Rap.

No comments:

Post a Comment