Monday, July 22, 2024

Semester 16 Chapter XXI: Eyes Still Closed

Okay, here we go again. Biden is out. Good for him. Shit really felt like old people abuse. Trump is milking this whole assassination thing as expected and I’m sure there’s gonna be a whole bunch of random shit taking place before it’s all said and done. When you look at all of that, it’s really hard to argue the idea that we all live in a simulation. It’s just a bit too much. All of it.

 


So last week… Monday evening, I went out to check a performance of a singer named Veronica Swift. See, Brno is actually pretty lively even over the summer. This thing was a part of the Bohemia Jazz Fest. It took place at one of the squares nearby, it was free to all and there were quite a lot of people. Gotta give some credit for it. The show was really good and apart from some cultural misses (not everybody here speaks English and no, Czech people won’t hold each other’s hands and wave them in the air) it was really good. So yeah, shout out to everyone involved. Partly inspired by that, I spent some time after messing with music too and put together little something that can be found HERE.

 


On Tuesday, I took my bike and went to the town of Blansko to have a swim in this quarry. All very enjoyable. Thursday and Friday, I hung out with some of my people in various cafés, bars and I even accompanied one of my bros to some second hand clothing shops as that’s kinda his thing. Had no idea we have so many over here and that they are actually good. I managed to do some more cycling with another friend on Friday too. Oh, and Thursday I also went to the pool for some laps. Keeping it active.

 


Saturday evening, I met up with my friend’s friend from Germany who’s in Brno these day, we did a bit of bar hopping and ended up in Fraktal for some techno. Shit never gets old. Made it home at around 7 in the morning, took it easy for some hours and then got out to spend the afternoon with my sister. Walking around, drinking coffee, eating ice cream, happy days. In the evening, I checked this Young Woman And The Sea Movie. Not sure if it was me emotionally putting myself together after the night out or not, but it felt really touching. Definitely a good watch.

 


And that’s about it. It’s Monday morning, the sun is out, just finished a walk with the dog, already did my workout, feeling good. Hope you guys are doing well and your summer is going just the way you want it to. Shout out to all my readers and sending some love to everybody out there. One!

 


Highlights:

  • Music.
  • Cycling.
  • Parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment