Tuesday, January 14, 2025

Semester 17 Chapter XVIII: Back To The Hague

Okay, here we go again. This time from the majestic fucking city of The Hague. I arrived here Sunday around lunch and since then it’s been slowly back to my normal routine here. Work, yoga, sauna, visit to my favorite café, all the good stuff. First things first tho…

 


Last week was cool. Monday, I went to my dad’s pub for a trivia night which we ended up winning. Which meant some pretty cool vouchers for a swimming pool and wellness. By far the best thing I’d ever taken home from that motherfucker. Tuesday, me and dad did a bit of a road trip. Some shit needed to be picked up and transported from their cottage which gave me an opportunity to a) spend some quality time with dad and b) do some driving. After like forever. We did about 200km, we listened to some Stones and Doors and I reminded myself of the fact that even though I pretty much don’t drive anymore, I still fucking love it. Cool afternoon.

 


Wednesday, me and one of my friends took it to the Lužánky swimming pool to take advantage of some of those vouchers. Now, the pool I usually go to is still my favorite. Mostly because it’s really nice. It’s a modern concrete building with glass walls overlooking the city. You can’t really compete with that. The one we went to tho, is the only 50m indoor pool in town and I found out I really prefer that to the usual 25m. You hit your tempo and you keep it for much longer. So yeah, might pop in here and there in the future. Plus they have this whirpool and a steam room, too. Works out just fine.

 


Thursday, I did my usual sauna which was great as expected and Friday, I took up the responsibility of picking up my nephew from his theater group. See, this shit is a bit crazy. My dad used to go there, me and my sis used to there and now the nephew. Some of my closest people used to go there and now they have kids and they go there, too. It’s almost like sect at this point. Anyways, since the place is pretty far from the center and I have literally zero reasons going there, it marked my first time visiting in about 18 years. And that brought back loads of memories. It all felt very sentimental. After that, I took the kiddo to ride a carousel downtown and we spend the rest of the day building models, messing around, dancing and watching some trains on TV.

 

Saturday morning, I hopped on a bus to Prague to spend the whole day with some of my closest people. Perfect way to conclude my Czech trip. By 11pm, I was on the bus to the Hague and it has been nothing but pleasant since. It’s still not a city I’d pick for myself but I have found my little rhythm here. So yeah, all good over here, hope everybody’s okay and your year has started just the way you wanted. Sending some love to everybody out there. One!


Highlights:

  • Managed to pour some water on one of my laptops. Guess it had to happen at some point. It’s drying now and I hope it’s gonna be okay.
  • The whole Czech experience. Feels good to have such a solid base. Not taking this for granted.
  • Jesus Christ Superstar In Concert from 2018. Stumbled upon it and man... What a show.

No comments:

Post a Comment