Okay, here we go. Late as usual but that just how it goes sometimes. At the moment, I’m chilling at my dad's place. Just got back from one of his trivia nights where our team placed second. So I feel fairly successful. It’s not just that, tho. Last couple of days have been fucking amazing as expected.
First of all, weather has been great. It’s such a pleasure spending time outside and wearing fewer layers of clothing. Last Saturday, I went from The Hague to Amsterdam and that was the first day in a really long time that felt like summer. It’s always great hanging out with my friend over there but being able to do it in parks and outdoor areas pushes it all to another level. So yeah… Some picnics, good food, drinks at the Soho house… Pretty fucking good.
I spent Sunday in Prague with some of my closest people. Walks, bike rides, catch-ups. Monday and Tuesday, it was back to Brno. Lotta work but also some quality time with sis, nephew and dad. And the dog. Can’t forget the dog. Jumping back into all of this always feels super natural. And that’s why I like jumping into it a bit more frequently than before. Oh, and me, my dad and his partner went out for a concert on Tuesday. Old-school Czech rock band. Love.
Wednesday early afternoon, I hopped on a bus to Prague. Had a catch-up with one of the friends I had traveled around Japan couple of months back. That was great. Spent the night in the city and was on my way to Brno the following day. The weekend was super chilled. Walks, trips around the city, meeting up with my people, sauna… And Adolescence. What a fucking series. Huge props to the creators, it really touches some nerves. See, I try to keep myself up to date with what’s happening but I’m also 37. I don’t have a Tiktok account, I use my IG account like a granpa and I uninstalled Facebook on my phone. I am pretty out of touch. I know that there’s incels, I know that there’s manosphere and I know there’s a shithead named Andrew Tate who I hope stops breathing sometime soon. But I don’t think I was able to fully appreciate the magnitude of all that. This series raises some important questions and really makes you wanna educate yourself further on certain topics. It’s a great show and I can’t recommend it enough.
I’m gonna stay in the Czech Republic till Saturday and outside of work, there are many other fucking things I’d like to do and many people I’d like to spend some more time with. Let’s see how much materializes. Hope you guys are good, hope you all had a chance to take some time off over Easter and that your spirits are up. Shout out to all my readers, shout out to all the cyclists, runners and vegans. One!
Highlights:
- Amsterdam.
- Prague.
- Brno.

















No comments:
Post a Comment