Tuesday, May 13, 2025

Semester 18 Chapter VIII: Borders

Okay, I think I’m getting a hold of this. Been about a week since I posted the last time so I might be getting to my normal frequency. We’ll see how long that shit lasts. Anyways, had a pretty cool week so let’s get to it.

 




The workdays were pretty usual but still enjoyable. Got some cancellations so I did a bit more yoga and pilates than usual which is always good. I particularly enjoyed Friday morning session. It was one of those where you feel like your balancing on the edge of your current skill set. It flowed really well, I threw some headstands and some hand balancing in the mix, it was all very very smooth. I still love where all these regular yoga sessions take me. Even on a busy day, whenever you get there, leave your phone in the locker and for an hour focus solely on this… It really reboots you. So yeah, happy I found this, happy I still enjoy this and happy I make tiny little steps here and there. I think I’m getting a closer to a bit more coordinated, controlled and longer lasting hand stand. Need slightly more practice but it’s getting there…

 


Outside of that, it’s been quite some work but that’s going well too. I really feel that here and there, I make some difference in people’s lives. It’s obviously all their effort but I do provide a little bit of guidance and push here and there and sometimes I get credit for it. Talk about a rewarding job…

 


On Saturday, we hopped on a train and went to a city called Nijmegen. See, we found this pretty cool fucking place in the middle of nowhere in that area and it seemed like a perfect spot to unwind for a bit. While putting this trip together, I noticed that if you buy train tickets in advance, you can get much better deals in this country. Sometimes the difference is more than 50%, especially if you hit off-peak hours. In countries where public transport can get pricey, these things come useful. I already book tickets well in advance before traveling to Switzerland (it pushes the rates from “are you fucking serious” to “okay, it’s shit but I can live with that”) but it’s worth checking it here too. So if you ever travel here…

 




In Nijmegen, we caught a bus to a village called Breedeweg. Well, initially we managed to catch bus to the opposite direction (didn’t account for a fact the main railway station was not the terminal station) so it was an extra hour traveling back and forth, but ultimately we made it there. Then we walked another 20 minutes or so and that was that. Couple of small houses, lotta greenery, forests, fields, birds chirping… Everything kinda exceeding expectations. Oh, and it was literally 10 minutes walk from German border. We technically did the whole Saturday hike in Germany and we also went for a dinner there as that’s where the only nearby restaurant was located. It was named Merljin and it had a whole vegan menu so shout out to them.

 




Sunday, we explored a bit more of the area, stopped by at this local shop for some breakfast, went back to Nijmegen, wandered around, had lunch and off to The Hague we went. We wrapped up the day on the beach. The temperatures are going tropical and sea is totally swimmable. What a fucking weekend.

 




It’s Monday, I’ve finished most of my work and I feel fucking great. Hope everybody’s doing well too. Stay safe, stay positive and don’t let anybody fuck with your inner light. Shout out to all my people. One!

 


Highlight:

  • Weekend trip.
  • Sea.
  • Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment