Sunday, May 25, 2025

Semester 18 Chapter X: Drip Drip

Okay, here we go again. It’s a cloudy Sunday afternoon and I’m back home after yet another dive. Volume 2 in The Netherlands. This time we took it to Haarlemmermeerse Bosplas which is a lovely spot right by the Schipol Airport. Over the past week, I invested about 120 EUR for maintenance of some of my gear. Needed a new hose for my pressure gauge, new battery for my computer and also new straps for my fins. Money just keeps pouring. But hey… All important and all long-term investments. This Sunday, I shared a ride with one of the instructors from the shop so I did not have to rent a car this time. And it was all enjoyable. Weather in the morning was shit but by the time we got to the site, the rain had stopped and since then, we’ve been experiencing a really lovely day. I ended up diving with the guy who brought me (same as last week) which was cool as he’s familiar with the spot. The dive itself was quite shallow (we didn’t go beyond 11 meters) but the visibility was much better and there was some shit to see. A small ship wreck, a whole submersed car and an area with all these tall metal pillars going from the lake floor all the way up (to support the pier, I assume). Water temperature around 15 degrees, nice and easy. Again, happy diving is making its way back to my life. 

 

I paid a visit to the dive shop 3 times last week. Bringing shit in and out. It’s a pretty lovely 11km ride (one way) which also makes it a mild exercise. I also had a chance to do some outdoor workouts, runs and all the usual. I also checked some of the ongoing ice hokey world championship. Not a lot of it but bits and pieces. My dad watches it so it’s something to talk to him about and more importantly, it always feels really therapeutic following anything else than news. Not a big fan, haven’t really seen a whole game yet but here and there…

Got about half the Sunday left and I’m thinking about grabbing the bike and doing a little ride. Listening to the new Alchemist, 2 Chainz and Larry June now while writing this. Realized I haven’t listened to a new rap project since Central Cee. I kinda like this one. Shout out to all the divers, runners, cyclists and vegans out there. And some extra love to everyone reading this thing. One!


Highlights:

  • Diving.
  • Cycling.
  • Z’aha Deli. Lovely Vegan bistro. Another place in the city unlocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment