Thursday, June 19, 2025

Semester 18 Chapter XII: Moving

Okay, after another longer break I’m back. These past three weeks were fucking intense. Lotta preparations for moving house, actual moving, my sister and the nephew visiting. Many balls in the air at once. Eventually all landed well. The visit was a success, we are in the new (and fucking beautiful) flat and I feel the time for some decompression has finally arrived. So yeah, slowly catching up on some articles, videos (shout out Josh Johnson, you’re growing into a legend as we speak), getting back to some workout and shit like that. First things first tho.






I don’t think I can fully sum up everything. I did a lot of cycling, I did a lot of yoga, I visited the Rotterdam sauna at some point. There were some dinners at nice places… And there was some packing. Boxes, van renting, logistics. My sis and my nephew arrived last Friday and I met them up in the afternoon. I’m super grateful that throughout the following days we managed to spend some amazing time together. Despite all the shit that had to be done. We went to the beach, we went to that beautiful lake by Delft, I took them around my favorite cycling routes. We did rent a tandem bike for and adult and a kiddo for the whole duration so the little one had a blast. I even managed to do some alone time with him giving my sis some time to unwind. Among other things, I took him to the ferris wheel by The Pier. They left yesterday feeling all happy.

 


Everything else was about moving. Some more organizing, some more packing. On the eve of the move, I got a message that my van had been canceled (I use this community car sharing app called Snappcar here) so I had to arrange a new one which was a bit further away. So Sunday early morning, I took a bike and went about 6km to get it. We managed to fit pretty much everything in it so the whole thing was a bit smoother than expected. I even drove nephew around the city. Cool how you can turn nearly everything into a mission for a kid. Him and sis both help us out with unloading too, it all went well.

 


So here we are now. A new beautiful place. A big bedroom, guestroom, small gym, two bathrooms, spacious living room. It’s right next to the beach and the Oostduinpark. The previous neighborhood was a bit cozier but this is not bad at all, the flat is much cooler (most likely the nicest place I’ve every lived in) and especially now, as the summer is starting, the location is pure gold. Mission fucking accomplished.

 


So yeah, new memories, new places, new shit to get adjusted to. The next couple of weeks are going to be all about traveling, too. I enjoy these summer vibes a lot. Shout out everybody reading. And some extra love to all the runners, cyclists, vegans and everybody fighting the good fight. And fuck Israel. Sincerely. Also, please somebody get Lil Wayne some good producers, rehab and a therapist. That Carter 6 album is pure destruction of that man's legacy. One!


Highlights:

  • Fam.
  • New flat.
  • Driving a van around this city. Pretty fun actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment