Monday, October 13, 2025

Semester 19 Chapter VII: Drops

Hey guys, checking back in from the Hague. Got the latest Bad Bunny album playing, sun is setting, another week has home to its conclusion. First of all, let me shout out whoever is in charge for music acts at NFL (pretty sure it Jay-Z). If MAGA thought Kendrick was bad last year, they are totally baffled now with Bad Bunny. You had a super pro-black rapper with nearly no radio hits performed and pretty fucking complex messaging. Now you gonna get a cross-dressing LGBTQ+ supporting men kissing Spanish speaking rapper who has recently turned down touring U.S. because he didn’t want his fans being picked by ICE in front of venues. Republicans are losing their shit, racists are losing their shit, it’s beautiful to watch. It’s not gonna solve anything but it genuinely warms my heart.

 


Last week tho. I enjoyed two and a half more days with my dad and his partner. We had a chance to explore downtown a bit, we hung out in Delft, we enjoyed some good food, some movies, some good talks. I even took them to the sauna around here which immediately became a highlight for both of them. It is a special spot. It’s super cozy, it’s on the beach and you usually share the space with some lovely people, too. All in all, I think it’s safe to say that their visit was a success and I’m happy I got to contribute to that a bit.

 


I did work quite a lot last week as well and I devoted my spare to time to running. Did everything from the Wednesday social run with Sore Legs to my regular 11km to a half-marathon. First time timing that motherfucker. I was super happy with my total time and my pace and I intend to do it a bit more often. I also figured out a super nice route and I’m planning to do it twice at some point to hit the full one. Physically, I feel pretty much ready.

 


Saturday afternoon, I met up with one of my dear friends who’s based in Amsterdam. She came to town for a catch-up. We did some snack in Plenty, walked around downtown, visited the fucking museum with the girl with the pearl earring (for real tho, that particular painting is magical) and wrapped everything up at Vegan Pizza Bar. Shout out to that spot. Matterfact, shout out to all vegans. Love to all of you!

 


This morning, I got picked up by one of the instructors of the shop I sometimes dive with and we hit the road towards Vinkeveen. Never dived that site before. Ended up in a group with one guy I’d been familiar with as we had done some sites together before, and a new guy. The site is super nice. And there were so many divers. Popularity of diving in Netherlands still amazes me. There was one of those automatic refill stations by this lake as well. Crazy. The location is fun too. You got all kinds of crazy shit under water. Cars, boats, bikes, weird platforms. Everything connected by a line so it’s virtually impossible to get lost. Very friendly. Temperature (about 14 degrees) and visibility were bearable up until about 10 meters. At some point we decided to go for the platform which is at around 18 meters and that whole journey looked like straight from a horror movie. Everything went dark, temperature dropped to 9 degrees… And you’re out there thinking… What the fuck am I doing with my life? It was fun tho. Nice 43-minute dive. It took quite some time to warm up afterwards. Shit’s a bit different from the last dive I did in August. Still happy I get to do this here and there.

 


And there you have it. Another week has passed, got some minor things planned out for the next week, we’ll see how everything goes. Got some Chicago (the band, not the musical) on the speaker (been into classic rock lately), about to do a call with a friend… All is well. Hope you guys are doing well, too. Keep it G, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t you ever let them fuck with your inner light. Let is shine. Less death and violence, much more compassion, all that. Until the next time. One!


Highlights:

  • Diving.
  • My dad and his partner.
  • Half-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment