Monday, October 20, 2025

Semester 19 Chapter VIII: Documentary

Hello world, here we go again. Another the Sunday, it’s a bit cloudy outside but I’ve had a pretty great weekend and winter is not here just yet so it’s not too bad. Just finished cleaning the apartment, did some grocery shopping and in about an hour, I’m heading to sauna to properly conclude this week. But first things first…

 


Okay so last week was mostly work. I have some new students and among those, I bagged a flat-earther. Now, I have met some of those before and it’s always great. When you apply “everybody lies about everything all the time” mindset to your reality, it’s inevitable that sooner or later you arrive at that. And look, I understand why conspiracies exist. I don’t generally have strong opinion on them but I get why people find some critical historical moments, some big pharma cases, some political decision weird. Sometimes the mainstream narrative seems totally off plus there’s loads of money and power in the air… It makes sense questioning that shit. But the idea that generations of scientists have managed to lie to us about the shape of our planet without a single leak and only a guy named Dave and some other of his buddies see through their lies is just beautiful. Like, who benefits from selling us the wrong shape of Earth? It’s funny, because you can’t just win the argument. You can literally put a camera onto a balloon and let it go to space so you can see it with your own eyes. You can send a satellite up there sending you picture every 5 minutes and they go… Photoshop. In the world where most of us don’t understand most things we use on the daily basis, not trusting anything and anybody (apart from a guy named Dave and his buddies) must be a very unique life experience. More power to everybody!

 



Anyways… Besides work, I did a 25km run on Monday. Managed to squeeze it under 2 hours, felt great, went to sauna afterwards to celebrate it. Did some more running Wednesday after lunch and in the evening, I joined Sore Legs for their regular social run. Friday evening, I hopped on a bus to Amsterdam to spend some time with my friend who lives there. Saturday morning, I did another run over there and in the afternoon, we were moving between cafés, restaurants and museums. Lovely day, good talks… As always.

 


Saturday evening, I was on a bus back to The Hague and Sunday morning, I was posted up in front of the building to be picked up by one of my diving buddies. This time it was Zevenhuizer Plas. It’s always good getting out, spend some time outside and submerse for a bit. Shout out to the guy who offers me the lift. You’re a legend. The dive itself was rather shallow and pretty uneventful compared to the dive last week but I was still very happy with the whole thing. And the temperature of 13 degrees ware bearable. I found out that my compass is fucked tho. Gonna have to get a new one. In Tenerife I wore it mostly as a decoration but in Dutch low-visibility waters, not having a functioning compass fucking sucks. Already talking to a guy who’s selling a second-hand one nearby online.

 

And that’s pretty much it. Let me just close this up with Fuck Trump and everybody around him, fuck all the fascists in the emerging new Czech government and Free Palestine. Shout out to all my readers, all the runners, lovers, vegans and divers out there. Keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. One!


Highlights:

  • Running | diving
  • Documentary. Got back to Game's debut album and man... What a record.
  • Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment