Sunday, January 25, 2026

Semester 19 Chapter XX: Back & Forth

Hello everybody, here we go again. Been about two weeks since my last entry and that’s mostly because of the fact that many things are taking place at the moment. To be honest, I have only vague memory what happened two weeks ago. I know I worked a lot, I know I went to the sauna, I did some yoga… Pretty much the usual.

 





Last Friday around 11am, I hopped in my sis’ car and went to The Hague. 1100km, about 11-hour drive. Probably the longest one I’ve done. Driven to Croatia before but that was definitely a couple hours shorter. I really enjoy driving and since I don’t get to do it very often, I was enjoying this one even more. In Germany, there’s pretty much no speed limit on highways and since Germany is by far the biggest chunk of this route, it all went very smooth.

 




Now the reason for me going the by car was to pick up all the shit I’ve accumulated there over the span of the last 18 months including my bicycle. See, my time over there is through for now. It’s time to get some new energy, to recharge social batteries, to attend to some of my close people I haven’t been seeing nearly as much as I should have been. Time in The Hague wasn’t the easiest on some social shit but it was also beautiful on many other levels. And that’s what is going to stay with me. Many beautiful moments, countless yoga classes (shout out Balanzs!), many rides (shout out Sore Legs!), many dives (shout out Fata Aquana!), many runs… Super grateful for all of that. It would have never occurred to me I’d live in The Netherlands for any amount of time couple years back but life happens and at the end of the day, I’m happy things happened the way they did.

 






So for my last week over there... Some cycling, a visit of Museum Voorlinden (fucking awesome), one last sauna session on the beach and one final yoga class. My favorite Friday hot 75-minute session with one of my favorite instructors. All in all, an awesome week. On Friday, I also wandered around the dunes for about 3 hours. Discovered a bunch of small trails I had not tried before. Just getting lost, taking it all in. When I was leaving the apartment Saturday morning, I had a small moment of gratefulness for everything. Then it was back to the car and another 11 hours on the road. I left before 6am so I was back in Brno just in time for dinner. Hung out with dad and his partner, took the doggo out and crashed in bed quite early, properly knackered.

 


Woke up early today, did my workout, took the doggie out once again and then caught a yoga class. Gonna meet sis later on, feeling good. Hope you guys are doing well, too! Keep it light, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. Shout out to all my readers, shout out to all the vegans, runners, cyclists, divers and seekers. One!

 



Highlights:

  • The Hague.
  • Driving.
  • Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment