Sunday, February 1, 2026

Semester 19 Chapter XXI: Country Roads

Hello world, here we go again. Winter is back, it’s snowing out there and we got another Sunday on deck. The world is a crazy place and I feel like I need to find a way to reduce my news intake. They say it’s been always complicated throughout history but it’s pretty hard not to feel that things are getting really out of hand these days. And that begs couple of questions. First, how much do you immerse yourself into it all? And second, what do you do? All it takes for evil to win is good people staying silent. And I have been thinking about that a lot lately. And listen, I have no idea but if I do stay in the Czech Republic, I will have to find a way to get involved in something. We all got voices, we all got power, everything is connected and everything matters. My heart goes out to Iran, Gaza, Ukraine and Minneapolis.

 


Last week tho… Quite a lot of work but I managed to do some cool shit beyond that. Monday, I went for another pub quiz night and Wednesday, I went to check a movie to the local planetarium. See, our neighbor here works there and since he’s a cool guy, I get free tickets from him here and there. He also wrote and directed this one. It’s about wind, it’s all shot in 360 format and they project it in the dome theater. It’s extremely impressive, it feels unique and I hope they get some well deserved success with it. Thursday, I hit the sauna and Friday, I ended up going to the Mahen Theater for yet another play (Wild Duck). It was a premiere to which my sis initially got invited. But since she couldn’t go, I ended up getting the tics like two hours before the start. Didn’t manage to get anybody to go with on such short notice but I didn’t mind at all. Got a whole fucking box for myself. The show was amazing, I ended up chatting with some of people I know at the reception afterwards, it was cool. From the theater, I headed to this café to meet up with one of my best friends who had arrived to Brno for the weekend.

 


Saturday, I went to a morning yoga class, finished a book about meth use during the 2nd World War and in the evening, I met up with my friend from the day before to visit another friend of ours outside of Brno. Cool hangout with him and his kid, good food, some non-alcoholic beer… Some adult responsible vibes. This morning, I did my regular workout (I’ve been extremely consistent with those lately), I went for a run and now I’m listening to some rap and chilling.

 


I hope you guys are doing well, keep it light, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. Shout out to everybody out there. One!


Highlights:

  • Sauna.
  • Hangouts.
  • Running in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment