Okay, here we go again. Still on this island, still deep in this life, still enjoying the hell out of it. Not much new has been happening, the routine is still in place and it’s all still very pleasant. 2 work dives every day, mostly 2 additional dives on top of that, yoga, beach volleyball and a whole bunch of hangouts with some dope people.
Last week, I got to do some new ways of coral planting, I did some cleaning and I even got a chance to join a science dive of one of the researchers here. I helped record some data she was collecting down there. Again, I really enjoy doing dives with a mission. There’s a lot of fun diving too but having your little tools and following a plan feels pretty damn rewarding. On Sunday, we did a fun dive at a site named the Lobster Wall which was my first time diving there. See, apart from the House Reef, we got Mandarin Playground, North Tip (that’s where most things happen and where we do most diving) and Downstairs. There are two other sites around the island I haven’t seen yet but I’ve been told they are not that interesting. Who knows tho, maybe we’ll get there before I go.
We also had a quiz night on Thursday. Some questions about the organizations, fun facts about their staff and also a segment of our baby pictures where we tried to guess who were we looking at. I had to contact dad for one. We also had a movie night on Saturday. I missed the beginning as I was under water but I got the second half. I believe the name of the movie was The Last Breath. It wasn’t great but it wasn’t terrible neither, Woody Harelson was in it and man… If it wasn’t based on a true story, I’d call bullshit. Next week, we might watch some Heated Rivalry. Yay! Oh, and we had a beer float (in my case an electrolyte drink float) on Sunday, too. Like last week – you just chill in water, chat and drink beverages off a surfboard.
My right ear started feeling funny about two days ago but I don’t think it’s anything serious. I can still equalize without any issues and I did both of yesterday’s dives comfortably. I didn’t do any optional extra dives tho and today I might stay out of water for the first time since I started diving here. I'm also using some ear drops and even though I feel good, it might not be the worst idea to let the body chill for a minute. This morning 16 people left. All the A-Level students and many of volunteers including some of my favorite ones. We got 8 new arriving in the evening. So there’s definitely gonna be a bit of a different vibe for these last couple of days.
So yeah… All good here. Sitting in our communal space (nicknamed Number 4), drinking my coffee, watching the ocean surrounding our jetty. I’ve done more than 40 dives in this motherfucker already and I’m about to stack up some more before I leave it. Hope you guys are doing well too! Keep it light, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. One!
Highlights:
- Diving.
- Quiz Night.
- All the good chats.





No comments:
Post a Comment