Sunday, May 10, 2026

Semester 20 Chapter XI: Secrets Of Life

Ayo, here we go again. I wanna send a shout out to the song Secrets Of Life by Seven Beats. It popped up in my headphones on today’s run and man… It has barely 1000 views on Youtube but it is absolutely beautiful. I’m generally getting a bit deeper into my music bag. Been recording a lot these past couple of days and after like 20 years, I’ve been writing and recording in Czech. Feels like having a completely different set of tools. Enjoying the hell out of that, me and my music partner are planning to lock in and hopefully make something cohesive out of it. Always feels good diving those waters. It’s Sunday afternoon, I’m listening to the whole Seven Beats album and I’m feeling great. Let’s get to this thing tho…

 


So last Friday evening, I grabbed a cab and went to the Tawau Aiport. Later on that evening, I did something I had never done before – check into an airport hotel. It was basically either spending twelve hours on the floor somewhere or getting a nice comfy bed. Figured I’m old enough not to torture myself and man, was that a good call. I taught one class in my room, I had a shower and I had a really solid sleep before boarding the plane to Istanbul. The plane landed a bit later than planned so I had about 40 minutes from touchdown to departure of my connecting flight. And even though this was totally a responsibility of the airline, I didn’t feel like hanging around Istanbul Airport more than necessary so I enjoyed a little airport sprint and eventually made it. Got to Vienna around 7pm and around 11pm I was in Brno. The trip was concluded but the energy stays – I really feel like I might fuck off for several months again in about half a year doing more things like that. Connecting it all with my yoga teacher training and all… Gonna let it sink in but the idea makes me pretty damn excited.

 


I liked the fact I had Sunday as a buffer day. Went for a run, napped, caught up with dad and his partner. On Monday, it was back to business as usual. Work has been going well, I’m back on my daily pull-ups, I went to swim some laps with a friend of mine and I even hit the sauna on Thursday. Met up with my sis, grabbed a drink with the music buddy on Friday… Pretty cool week. Weather has been beautiful around here (maybe a bit too summery for this time of a year) and Brno is kinda killing it to be honest. About half a year ago, they opened a whole new infrastructure around a segment of the river not too far from the center and man… Really gives you a reason to take a walk and chill there. Water is clear, there’s a vegan ice cream truck, there’ some coffee, there are people… And there’s an option of taking a long hike up along the stream. Or cycle – you can pick and choose – there are lanes for both. Friday afternoon, I did just that, discovered some new cafés and some newly established pathways… I really respect what they’ve done with this. Already using some of that for running.

 


I had a chance to spend the weekend all by myself which felt pretty therapeutic after doing quite a lot last month. Did some morning yoga on Saturday and in the afternoon, I hopped on my bike and did about 60km wrapped up (you guessed it) by the river. This morning, I did about 15km run and in the evening, there’s dad’s b-day celebration coming up. So yeah, things are going well here. Hope you guys are doing well too! Keep it light, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. One!


Highlights:

  • Brno.
  • Running.
  • Cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment