Okay, what the fuck is up!!! Here we go again… Got some T.I. in the headphones, fresh off a half-marathon with the local running club, sun is shining, music is flowing, we are good in this motherfucker. Speaking of music, I’ve been dealing with so much shit regarding our project recently. We are still arranging the music video, I’ve been talking to some labels, to some studios, we are making this shit happen. Hope everything falls in place and that there are no major speed bumps on the way. Fingers fucking crossed.
So how was this past week? Well, thanks for asking… Work, yoga, running, swimming, some recording, hangouts with some of my people, dinner at my sis’… Kinda surrounded by love. My intentions at yoga classes circle around gratefulness and letting shit go. And some of my latest lyrics revolve around that, too. All feels balanced.
After couple of weeks, I had no particular plans for the weekend but that got solved the minute I looked at my phone Saturday morning. A friend who lives in Vienna was on the way to Brno to participate in this cycling circuit race at the Brno Trade And Exhibition Center. I could still register so I did, picked bro at the train station and off we went. Now, I’m a fucking cyclist. Down to my core. But I’m not a pro. Never really invested in a real racing bike, it’s always been some vintage shit. And in my category (road bikes), you had good 12 people out of like 20 arriving on spaceships. So I really appreciated the whole system. The crowd was divided into two groups and they raced each other. First two rounds (of about 500 meters) were warm up and then it was last man standing – so each round the last rider was eliminated. The first half advanced to Final A, and the second half had their Final B. I ended up in the B section but I was just really happy I got to race people on similar bikes (even tho I killed some motherfuckers on carbons, too). And at the finals, I landed second. Was in lead for good 2 rounds but lost it to this guys at the last turn. It was a great race, I enjoyed the hell out of it. My friend was racing fixed gear and that was beautiful to watch. Some amazing bikes, really good riders, great people. Wanna shout out the ladies. Some of the girls were so fucking good. There was only one fixed gear female rider but she fucking schooled most of the guys. The whole event was super nice, it had punk vibe to it, energy was gorgeous. Shout out to the organizers! Now, this event was a side gig of this Pop Messe festival that was taking place at a velodrome couple hundred meters away. So as a part of the whole thing, all riders got free tickets for Saturday night, and we all took our bikes to the velodrome and did two rounds with people watching, cameras rolling… It was all super nice. After that, me and my friend (who’s also vegan) went to Pizza Punk for some well deserved calories. Wrapped it up by some ice cream afterwards. Then I took it home, had a shower, hopped on the bike again and went to check the festival. Met with sis and a whole bunch of people over there, caught a live show of one of podcasts I listen to (shout out to Page Not Found and the Roast crew – love y’all) and made it to catch the Richard Muller performance. Didn’t expect to enjoy that shit that much. We were singing on the top of our lungs and it made me realize that we do have some pop acts that are actually good. The guy is a legend and he had some amazing musicians around… And the crowd was all over the place. Teens were singing, people my age were singing, seniors were singing… The overwhelming sense of belonging. I spent the rest of the evening mostly at the techno stage dancing, chilling, having fun. Wrapped it up before midnight, biked home and called it a day. A really good, spontaneous day.
This morning, I did the social run and did the whole thing with the fastest group. There were only 4 of us in it and we had a really nice pace. Was a bit worried whether I’d get tired after all the laps yesterday but it all went without a problem. Got a full afternoon ahead, probably gonna hit one of the outdoor swimming pools in the city later on, all is well over here. Hope you guys are doing well, too! Keep it simple, keep it light, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. And if you love somebody, tell them. One!
Highlights:
- Racing.
- Singing.
- Dancing.




No comments:
Post a Comment