Semester 2
Chapter II: Reboot &
Administration 2.0
Shanghai is getting
better. Even though the weather is still winterish, there are days
when you can sense spring in the air. I knida enjoy reading about
current air pollution issues back in the Czech Republic – I don’t
want to undermine the importance of that, however, compared to
whatever is happening here, it’s nothing. It’s the same sort of amusement I experienced when I used to travel to different African
countries quite frequently and then I heard people bitching about
public transportation in Europe. Oh, well…
One of my friends
works for Swiss and her job brought her to Shanghai for a while last
week. I took up the responsibility of a guide and once again realized
how naturally it is for me to navigate through the city. Home sweet
motherfucking home. For the rest of the week I was pretty busy
catching up with all my shit but I found some time to get outside and
chill with some people. For the first time ever, I visited the Yu
Garden. It’s quite alright but it was flooded with people… So
yeah, I can cross this off my list of local sights but I don’t see
myself coming there again anytime soon…
And of course –
the semester has officially started. My schedule isn’t very tight,
however, my supervisor told me that I should finish my first paper
within a month and submit it for an international conference by the
beginning of April. Given the fact the communication on this
particular matter was close to non-existing up until this point, it
took me by surprise. I accept the challenge tho… Since I haven’t
published anything ever, this will be a ride…
So the whole
administration machine at the uni is in motion now and it is still
kinda faulty. This time around, I don’t lose my sleep neither my
nerves on it though. I have learned that the best way to deal with logical
non-sense, malfunctioning websites and all the confusion occurring
at official places, is just to take a deep breath and wait for shit
to sort itself out. So I’m gonna do just that plus I’m gonna
start spending much more time in the library, hoping I’ll be able
to land at a least semi-acceptable paper.
Everything is back
to normal. I mean here. The world is still completely nuts. We got
Trump pretty much trolling the whole planet with his twitter fingers
and public speeches, we got North Koreans assassinating Kims at
Malaysian airports… And I’m just listening to some new rap and
killing shit on my blog…
Highlights:
- People secretly taking picture if me and my friend on the subway. This hasn’t happened to me for a while. Or maybe I just haven’t noticed.
- Fake market at Science and Technology Museum subway station. My first time over there – the place is massive and fake as fuck.
- Completing my courses selection. It might sound like not that big of a deal but trust me – it is...









No comments:
Post a Comment