Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Semester 2

Chapter III: Overload

Okay, so at this point, I attended two of my classes registered for this semester. As opposed to the previous semester, this one is turning out to be a real challenge. They don’t really play this time around. I signed up for three courses, however, the third one starts in the middle of semester, so the two I had a chance to go to already are the only ones I have to attend (and travel all the way to Minhang to) now. Both require shitload of work. Assignments, presentations, final projects… On top of that, I have to deal with those conference papers and publishing I have zero experience with…


So yeah, it’s more library, it’s more writing and it’s more figuring out how the hell to write a research paper according to the local requirements. One of my flatmates offered me to share her Wework card which kinda helps a lot. Wework is this shiny glittering excrement of our corporate society. You pay some money (quite a lot actually) and you get an access to a working space with differently sized offices and open space seating. Many ambitious young minds use such places with their minds on their targets and money, doing their start-up shit and generally hustling their way through the capitalism jungle. I’m quite sure I’m the only motherfucker wearing sweatpants around here. You get unlimited coffee, water and also tap beer. Matterfact, I’m sitting here right now, drinking the local Boxing Cat lager and listening to some rap shit. Anyways, this beautiful place is just meters away from my apartment so it’s super convenient. Kudos to my flatmate!


I also try to maintain my social life but compared to my peers, I seriously suck at that. Fuck it, I’m just gonna keep pushing it the only way I know how. The weird way.


They opened up the fucking gym at the downtown campus of my university yesterday. Haven’t had a chance to check it out yet but that’s definitely good news. Kinda looking forward to add some weight lifting back to my repertoire. And after several shake ups, it seems we are finally getting more stable Spring vibes in Shanghai. Suffered the typical Chinese cold already so let’s hope we are done with this shit for good.



Highlights:
  • Remy Ma’s Shether. Talk about murdering someone on a track. This one is real nasty.
  • SvÄ›t pod hlavou – a new Czech TV series. Another decent production coming out of my home country. It seems like we are on the right track!
  • The Boxing Cat lager! Mentioned it before but this stuff is real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment