Sunday, March 12, 2017

Semester 2

Chapter IV: Back to the Basics

I eased up on my responsibilities throughout the past week due to a visit of one of my dawgs from the Czech Republic. My second time in the role of local guide. It completely drove me off my routine and I loved it. Wasting time, walking kilometers and kilometers around the city, drinking cheap ass wine on the Bund, eating street food… We managed to cover majority of the downtown, Powerstation of Art, Qibao (my first time), Dada and we even managed to do a piece on a legal graffiti wall next to M50…


So yeah.. It was good but my schedule got little fucked. Much less exercising, much more drinking, much more oily food in the middle of the night… Gonna have to lay off dumplings for like a month to allow my stomach to fully recover… The guy left today so I gotta dive deep into the fucking work again asap…


There’s not much new study-wise. Gotta wrap up the first paper over the next week, gotta do some assignments for some of my courses… Oh yeah, and I went to the Xuhui gym for the first time… It’s 5 RMB which is awesome, and because of completely fucked up reservation and paying system, I was forced to find a way to make payments via Wechat work. So after like 6 months, I’m able to do shit everyone else does within their first couple of days. How liberating…

 
The party in Dada was dope too. They got guys from Japan doing some experimental shit and little bit of dubstep supported by Genome, and it was fresh as hell. Waking up for school the day after wasn’t.

 
For some weird reason, I ended up among 4 students invited for a lunch at the university. We found out that we were picked to disseminate information on our program through social networks and shit… The whole thing was very Chinese though… We were told just that without any further instructions or a strategy, ate the lunch and that was that. No idea if anything actually materializes out of this…


Days are getting warmer, however, nights are still kinda cold… We had lots of consequent sunny days but today rain kicked in… Hopefully not for long. I’m sitting in my room, listening to Migos and taking it super easy. I really need not to drink alcohol and eat junk food at least for couple of days…

Highlights:
  • Noodle lady magically appearing around the corner from my building approximately at 9pm. With a mobile cooking equipment, ready to fix you the spiciest vegan oily noodles for 10 RMB. After a bottle of red wine, she has an aura of an angel.
  • Super trippy walk around skyscrapers in Pudong. God damn.
  • The graffiti thing. Doing the same shit we used to do back in the day… In fucking Shanghai!

No comments:

Post a Comment