Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Semester 3 Chapter II: Rollin’ Like a Stoner


The first couple of days got me seriously sleep deprived. Catching up will the people, dealing with the new residence registration at the police, attending first classes of the semester and bunch of other shit barely allowed me to spend any time relaxing and enjoying my new place.




Seems like all is set though, and Im back on my routine. I have to travel to the Minhang campus twice a week which is not that bad given the fact this is my very last semester dealing with classes. Other than that, I am spending time more or less around downtown area. So yeah, nowadays its lotta cycling, got back on running and gym shit, managed to get all my stuff I stashed at my friends place for the summer The transition period is over


As for new places Last Thusrday, I went to this birthday party to the Boxing Cat Brewery bar. As expected, beer was quite expensive, but it was also really good and the whole evening was pretty cool. I even managed to get on my political rant during the evening which is always extremely enjoyable both for me and for the ones around. The other day, I went to this other place close to South Shaanxi Road but I totally forgot the name Some fucking beer place too


I try to be read a little more and I also installed some apps for Chinese language learning. I was at my barber's on Wednesday and he tried to have some basic conversation with me. And I really felt like shit not following any of that. So yeah, once in a while, I turn it on and try to learn a word or two I also made first attempts to write some Chinese characters No idea if theres any chance of making any significant progress out of this but Ill keep trying I hope… 


Oh, and my building does not have a floor 13 and 14 listen in the elevator. I have been told that these numbers are considered bad luck in China so the often leave them out. Thats kinda crazy... Gotta verify that...


Highlights:

  • XXXTentacion's album. That guy sounds like a Black teenage version of Kurt Cobain.... And the project is incredible... Unfotunately, he's also a violent psycho who beats up women... I'm really puzzled here...
  • The back wheel on my bike got bended a little so I went to get it fixed. I just love all these little joints that are oily and dirty with elderly Chinese guys fixing scooters and bikes all day. Plus it costs peanuts.
  • The weather!!! Summer is still here, visibility is very good, its good to be here

No comments:

Post a Comment