Monday, October 9, 2017

Semester 3 Chapter V: Fuck EDM, Long Live Hip-Hop


Last week, I got little more social than usual which matched well with the peacefulness of the Golden Week. On Tuesday, one of my classmates had her birthday and she decided to do a part of the party in a club named Linx. Its pretty close to Peoples Square and its total shit. I did a blog entry on mainstream local clubs sometime last year so Im not gonna repeat myself much, but watching idiots in shirts and basic bitches on high heels enjoying themselves with the most painful EDM tunes playing along is just plain horrible. However, the idea was that we get wasted for free, cause if youre white, you just dont pay for anything. And thats pretty much the only thing I managed to do over there. When the music is bad and the energy is shit, I just cannot get over it. Its pure sadness. When some of us decided that staying any longer would be just retarded, the b-day girl called up an Uber and we went straight to Dada where I culturally recovered. Genome 666, amazing sets, lots of cool people and early morning bike ride back home. Was seeing twice.



The day after, I went to check out Knxwledge, a producer mainly associated with Anderson.Paak. Wasnt really feeling like clubbing second day in a row but you dont really get parties like that very often. I got a beer with a friend and after that, I headed to Arkham. To my surprise, the club wasnt there. Last time, I visited Arkham about a year ago for a Le1f and Rich Chigga show, and since then, they moved. Now its at Julu Road. Nothing that a short bike ride could not fix. Before Knxwledge, there were two local DJs on the line-up, and they all played mostly RnB and funk. Knxwledge kept the energy, it was very chilled, melodic and fun. I was fucking dead after.


I also managed to meet some other people last week For a drink, for a dinner, for some beers I had enough time to do my routine workouts, to do some reading, to do some writing, to listen to new albums Nice little holiday right there


Now its back to the regular schedule. Its Monday again, and just couple of hours ago, I did a presentation on Uses and Gratification Theory in the class for one of my courses. Killed it. And its been exactly one month since I arrived here after the summer. Time flies like a motherfucker.

Highlights:

  • A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie Bigger Artist. I love the whole album.
  • Weather rain is over, sun is out, temperatures still pretty summerish. Lets keep it that way.
  • This one place I went to last week. No indoor seating, just two bar stools and a table on a sidewalk right by the road. The guy was selling ice cold Hoegardens. French concession, really close the Elevator club. Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment