Okay, here we go again. Last Tuesday, I paid a visit to the
Powerstation of Art – first time
this semester. There was an exhibition of Li Shan and Balkrishna Doshi. As usual
it did not disappoint. The pieces dealt with environment, ecology, human vs.
nature etc. They continuously manage to pick dope artists and place their work
very carefully into that industrial background… I
honestly don’t recall a single case of a
bad exhibition over there.
At the Xuhui campus, they closed up the track I use for
running, along with the bars I use for outdoor workout until the end of the
month. I had to resolve the situation, so I went to check out a venue
called Jingan Workers Stadium which is couple of hundred meters away from my
place. It’s a win. The set-up is very
similar. Football field with athletic track around and some bars by the side – open free of charge for public. So
yeah – for further purposes I don’t actually have to go all the way to
the campus…
I also met with my supervisor for the first time after
summer and we discussed some papers I should start working on. So that’s what I do now. I developed a
routine – read at least one journal
article per day and hand write notes for every single one. So far so good. I
focus on fake news in Central Europe and hopefully, I’ll be able to deliver something by the end of the year.
Besides of drinking outside and wandering around, I stopped by at the Czech festival at Sinan Road last Friday. One of my friends texted me about
that and I got curious. It was total shit. Couple of stands with overpriced
Czech beer and sausages, some Czech clothing brands and super weird cultural
program. When I arrived, there was a Chinese guy singing American songs. After
like 3 minutes, I was on my way.
I also went to a housewarming party of a friend on Saturday. She has an amazing place big enough to fit about 30 people. So yeah, it was packed, I met some new people, I ate tons of awesome vegan food, including some happy chocolate, and around midnight I wrapped it up.
So yeah, that’s what’s been up. You can tell that the
weather is slowly switching to the Autumn mode. It’s till aight, but not really for a tank top and short
anymore. Let’s hope we still have some weeks
to go before it goes south.
Highlights:
- Gucci Mane – Mr. Davis – just a great project.
- Mr. Robot – new season. God damn, I love that show.
- The Kindle, I ordered a while ago, arrived. So now I’m fucking ready to read anywhere.





No comments:
Post a Comment