Monday, December 18, 2017

Semester 3 Chapter XV: Crashes & Fixes



Here we go again. Two weeks before this year is over shits not getting any slower. Last Tuesday, I paid a visit to Shanghai Tattoo, cause Im realizing that I cant make it without new ink up until the next summer. Its gonna be challenging tho. Dont get me wrong, the studio is awesome. I like the interior, I like the look, the energy seems cool. But... It just doesnt feel right. Apart from the fact its heavily overpriced, which is quite symptomatic for studios in China and Korea, it just feels they do lots of mediocre to plain bad designs. Now, I get that they probably do shitload of rich tourist and basic motherfuckers with mediocre ideas, but if their portfolios display fucking meh designs, it kinda suggests that they dont really do much interesting shit even at their best. Its not complete garbage, but its closer than you would expect. And the price. I mean for a small ass tattoo, I can pretty much buy a return ticket back to Europe and do two session with my favorite guy who is top notch. I met this girl who does tattoos in her small studio somewhere in Xuhui, so Im gonna pay her a visit sometime soon and then decide whether to go for it or nah. Its quite a fucked up here. Anyways, I hung out with the friend over there, and at least got a beer at their bar.


On Thursday, I got invited to have some beers to the flat of my classmates. That was cool as hell. I drank with two of them (theyre sisters) and later on we did a bottle of wine with their flat mate. Chilled and entertaining evening. The weather is too cold now tho. When Im getting back home fucked, I dont even feel like stopping by at my noodle ladys spot, cause I just cant wait to get back indoors. I miss her.


On Friday, I was supposed to meet with my biking friend but unfortunately, it turned out to be raining pretty much for the whole day, so we scrapped that. I still managed to do a run and some outdoor workout when the rain got little lighter, but overall it was shit. Cool thing was, I had the whole track for myself. I ran into this Chinese elderly guy by the bars when I went for pull ups and I got reminded that I really need to work on my Chinese. There was only two of us and he tried to talk to me. I was just standing there like a retard, awkwardly smiling and repeating that I dont speak the fucking language.


In the evening, I met with my Macedonian guy and we did some beers at Papas. This time it was a bit crowded which was actually cool as a motherfucker. It was all Chinese who decided to go ape shit with booze. Now, watching Chinese getting fucked up is usually hilarious. They get drunk fast, they start hugging everyone and everything, they try to hit on girls... I guess everyone does that but since Chinese are not the warmest people by default (trust me, I can relate to that), it all looks super funny. And these guys were not fucking around. Besides beers, they brought some bottles of liquor along, and went kamikaze. We did like four beers and called it a night.


On Saturday, I got into a little crash on my bike. It was partly my fault tho. I went on a red light. Every time I do that, I make sure Im clear from the green light directions, which I did this time too, but there was this fucking guy on scooter who decided to do a red light too, and he just ran into my front wheel. I managed to stay on feet unscratched so it was all good, however, when I hit the pedals, I noticed that the wheel is totally fucked. Some strings ripped out, it was all bended and shit. Honestly, it felt like a miracle the bike even went. I had to be somewhere so I didnt have much time to deal with that, and couple of repair shops on my way were like meiyou which means something between dont have, cant do and fuck you. In the evening, I stopped by at my favorite shop and the guy killed it as usual. He spent like half an hour on it, and the thing is like new. He charged me 30 RMB. Fucking hero.


So yeah, thats it. Got two more weeks at the campus, I wanna wrap out most of my papers and final assignments this week, and then cool off. The New Years Eve party is gonna be awesome. I already got a ticket to Arkham theres gonna be this thing with DJs from 88rising crew...

Highlights:

  • American Vandal great Netflix show.
  • New N.E.R.D. album. Pure awesomeness. I have mixed feeling on the new Eminems album tho. Im a huge fan and I hate to see him lose but man... I do think its an improvement content-wise and flow-wise but he really needs to fire all people in his production department. The beats are totally off.
  • While I was hangin out at Xuhui campus with a friend on Wednesday, there was this Chinese middle aged lady taking pictures of us for like 10 minutes. Without asking, just being creepy as fuck. Hasn't happened to me in a while. Yeah, that's the one awkwardly smiling at one of the pictures above.

No comments:

Post a Comment