Monday, December 4, 2017

Semester 3 Chapter XIII: Partying, VR & AR


Last week was dope. One of the more eventful ones and I gotta say, I enjoyed that motherfucker. Last Tuesday, I went for some beer to my new favorite Papas beer joint and this time around, we experimented a little. I got some funny tasting beers from different countries with super weird colorful labels. Some of those designs are totally off the chain.


On Wednesday, we had this excursion in two corporate devil companies in Pudong. That was total waste of time - just listening to some wannabe inspiring presentation and absorbing depresion of hundereds of poor souls pissing their lives away in open spaces. Plus like an hour subway ride. Fuck that.


On Thursday evening, I met with my vegan friend and we went to this Vegetarian Lifestyle restaurant. Its close to West Nanjing Road station and its little upper class. For a dinner for two people, you easily spend around 250-300 RMB which is quite a lot compared to regular Chinese spots. However, they specialize in different kinds of mock meat and those fuckers know how to do that. Its kinda fucked up they use cheese for some meals and they dont clearly label it in the menu. So we accidentally ordered some mushrooms covered with cheese. They did not charge us for that though. All and all, pretty good experience. After the dinner, I accompanied my friend back home on bikes and got a happy muffin which now rests in my freezer waiting for making my day. And that day is coming.

 
And Friday. Took a long time but me and my Macedonian guy finally got booked at Cs. So back to djing after couple of months. One thing about me, I really live music. Music is fucking life. So when it comes to doing sets, its super easy to me. Even though Im getting old as shit, I still feel I got my fingers on the pulse of whats going on in hip-hop currently and Im pretty proud of the fact my sets usually contain shitload of tracks that are merely couple of days/weeks old. The party wasnt totally packed but for some time, there were decent amount of people and from few of them, I got some real love for what I was kicking. So yeah, I really enjoyed that one. And I got hammered too. You know those rare occasions when you get drunk so bad, you wake up and youre still drunk? Thats exactly what the fuck I did. I barely remember riding my bike back home and eating noodles at my noodle lady. Many fucking details missing.


I got some shit to take care of on Saturday and during that I sobered up. In the evening, I met with another friend for this TED talk afterparty in a bar/restaurant called La Maison close to South Shanxi Road station. The event was like 120 RMB but that included like 2 drinks and one of them was mixed by some fucking white guy in a suit who was apparently a big deal in mixing drinks. Now, if white dudes mix you drinks in China, you can only assume, they make some real money doing that. I got some fucking poshy Manhattan which contained whiskey, absinth and like 6 other things and it tasted cool as hell... Anyway, the thing was pretty much a presentation of virtual and augmented reality. I have never had a chance to try this shit out and I gotta say... While this stuff scares the shit out of me in terms of privacy, I enjoyed lot of it. I got to play some shooter game when you stood on a platform next to a spaceship, shooting down some flying robots, dodging their shots or covering behing your shield, I played some zombie killing game for a bit, I got to experience undersea world which was totally insane. Like HD whales and fishes swimming around you. You could see details of their eyes. Incredible. There was also this super cool 3D painting program and in terms of AR, some glasses that made walls in the room destroyable so you could shoot holes in them and see piping and construction behind that. Really fucking cool. Gonna stop being cool when it gets smaller, trendier and adds to data gathering tools by yours truly Facebook, Wechat and Twitter.


And then there was yesterday, when I finally bought a plane ticket to Indonesia for winter break. They do visa on arrival for 30 days so Im doing 30 days. Gonna go with my Czech vegan friend studying in Beijing who I went to Shanghai vegan fest with couple of weeks ago with. Late January to late February, its on motherfuckers.


And Im also somewhat responsible with school and super responsible in terms of exercising. It got colder but I still run 3 times a week and I go to gym 3 times per week as well. Some serious soldier routine. I do hope Ill be able to finish most of my first paper this week. Not much time left.



Highlights:

  • The party at Cs. I just love hearing shit I love in a club.
  • I discovered this big ass vegetable market just across the street from where I live. That made my day.
  • Cyhis new album. Forgot to shout it out last time. Some awesome music right there. The joint with Pusha is sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment