Monday, December 25, 2017

Semester 3 Chapter XVI: Merry Fucking X-mas Motherfuckers!



Its unbelievable. My second Christmas in China and time still flies like crazy. So as for this years Christmas talk... Im still on my shit. I hate all those decorations, I hate all that shopping and consuming, and I hate all the animal slaughter. China is kinda a place to be tho. They dont take it too seriously here, so unless you really want to inject a dosage of any of the above by going to malls or dedicated Christmas markets, you barely know Christmas is happening. No days off, all Chinese still run their dumpling spots, restaurants, shops, schools... Business as usual...


And me? I finished most of the work for the semester and even managed to submit a paper for a conference in the U.S. in March. I honestly think theres no chance of it being accepted but if a miracle happens, I would not be mad at all. Making a little trip like that...


Last Monday, we made a trip to a VR research center ran by our university and it was probably to most entertaining class Ive had ever. They let us play this racing game on their simulator, we tried out some VR goggles both for scientific and gaming purposes, played with human anatomy, shot some zombies; it was cool as hell.


On Tuesday, I met up with my friends for some beers at Papas which has definitely become our spot. One of the best places to hang out at for sure. The day after, I paid a visit to this tattoo artist. I met her throught a friend a she runs this small studio in Xuhui. I really like her stuff so yeah... I'm getting my first ink in Shanghai in two days. It's still way more expensive than back home but also way more acceptable than the major studios around here. Honestly, I can't wait... On Friday, me and my cycling partner teamed up again for a gallery ride. We started at Ming Yuan Art Center at Fuxing Road for this small exhibition of paintings and then proceeded to the Powerstation. They have some new stuff over there, mostly media art, and is dope as usual. We wrapped up our little trip in Jen Dow with kimchi hotpot. Spot on.



I had quite a lot to do over the weekend so my social life got a back seat, on Christmas Eve (yesterday), I went on and joined my classmates at Ellens this cheap ass bar by South Shaanxi station for some beers. Ive been there once before and its still the same crap. Not totally unbearable but the need of low cost bars to play their shitty fucking tunes as loud as possible so no one can really talk is just amazing.


When I got back home, I skyped with my fam. They just finished their dinner. So yeah, we got some family time too. When I wake up early in the morning today, I felt like eating something sweet to get into the Christmas mood a little, so I got out and got me some sesame dumplings and some hot soy milk from the stand across the street. It was still dark out, but those stands run from like 5am one of the beautiful things around here...


So there you have it. I believe this is the last blog entry this year (it's also the 50th one btw). So enjoy the time with your loved ones, enjoy the time with your hated ones, get crazy over all that useless junk youll find under the Christmas tree, and overdose on food. You know... Keep the spirit of Jesus alive!


Highlights:

  • Quavo & Travis, Gucci Mane. Another two dope albums dropping last week.
  • Chili peppers I got from the veggie market. Ive been throwing them into everything I've cooked for like past two weeks. Some top notch shit right there.
  • Christmas Eve run at the campus. Me being the only international motherfucker over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment