Monday, November 27, 2017

Semester 3 Chapter XII: No More Parties In SH



Last week was not really that interesting social-wise. I went out only on Thursday to catch some of those city vibes. Since my weekends are usually fucked, working days are often the only chance to let go, not checking time thinking I should probably get the fuck out.


I met with my friend after 10pm in this Windows Underground bar which used to be Windows Garage just couple of months ago. Located close to Nanjing West Road subway station, its still a price friendly dive bar with many expats and students hanging inside. They moved from the ground floor to the basement (hence the name change) and got some better furniture. So besides mediocre music that goes progressively louder as the evening goes (which is symptomatic for all SH dive bars), its a pretty aight place to do some party pre-drinking.


After that, we hopped on some OFO bikes and headed to Arkham. It was Thanksgiving and out of the parties that appealed to us, Arkham won with some trap shit on the line-up. And boy, was that a wrong pick. We arrived around 1am, paid 50 RMB cover and got in just to find out theres like 15 people inside. In a situation like this, it doesnt really matter that the music is good and the sound is clear. Its not a fucking party, its just depressing. After couple of minutes, we decided to try Elevator with their queer house party. OFO bikes again, like 10 minutes ride and another case of like 20 people inside. At that point we gave up, did one beer in front of Family Mart downstairs and went separate ways. So yeah, even in cities like Shanghai, you can just fail when attempting to have fun in clubs. Honestly, I havent experience anything like this over here ever before and I do hope I wont anytime soon.


Other than that, its the same old. Slowly advancing with school stuff and waiting for this semester to be over. Got around 3 more weeks to go and after that Im done with classes for good. Kinda looking forward to that. I'm looking forward to the winter break and some traveling. Sea, sun and shit like that...


 Highlights:

  • Kodak Black ft. Lil Wayne Codeine Dreaming. Gotta be thankful for every new Wayne feature.
  • My AC got fixed so life is good again.
  • Mindhunter finished that series. Pretty dope.

No comments:

Post a Comment