After the previous week, I felt I need to address my
anti-social side for a bit. I do enjoy company, I do enjoy being out there
doing stuff, but I also need some time alone. Not talking to anybody, not socializing,
just music, movies, books, TV shows, and of course school work.
Besides that, I managed to pay a visit to the Czech
consulate in Shanghai for the very first time. Since I had not handled my
abroad voting rights before, I figured it would be nice and responsible to do
that. For whatever kind of fucked up reason, just showing up with your passport
or ID and just vote does not cut it. Nah, you have to go to an embassy or a consulate like 2
months before an election take place and fill out a super basic form that
entitles you to participate. I have no idea what’s the
reasoning but hey... We live in a world where we need some kinda fucking form
for pretty much everything. I guess we enjoy shit like that.
The consulate is located on 8th floor of one of
office buildings around 4km from where I live and fortunately, the whole
process was quite swift. So yeah, I’m gonna
exercise my civic rights starting the presidential election next year. Changing
the world and shit...
I also did a bike trip with my Malaysian friend on Friday. It
was drizzling but we decided to go regardless. And it would be all good besides
the fact I got a flat tire in like 15 minutes. Naturally, we were in an area
with no bike shops around so it took us like 30 minutes to locate the nearest
one. I’m talking those dirty
spots where they fix scooters and bikes for peanuts. One of the great things
around here. The guy didn’t have
patches so I bought a whole new inner tire. Of course, that got popped in
another 15 minutes and since were pretty far from the shop, we did another 30
minutes searching to find this guy reading by a stand full of crap. Apart from
his book and bunch of mess, he also had some patches so we were good. After
that, we went to Powerstation for some architectural exhibition, and continued
to Rockbund museum for some aspiring young artists’ pieces. My first time over there, great location, awesome
art deco building, exhibition on 4 floors. Media art, natural art, photos, cool
as hell. On the way to a restaurant my friend picked, my front tire (you
guessed it) got soft again so after a mediocre dinner in a Taiwanese restaurant
in a mall in Xuhui, I got stuck with non-functioning bike. And it started
raining like a motherfucker. So, I got one of those public OFO bikes and
managed to lead my bike alongside all the way home. I eventually managed to get the bike fixed for good the morning after but man... When it rains, it pours.
Later on that day, me and my bro went for a beer to this joint called
Papa’s Beer on Wuding Road.
Weather is not really suitable for outdoor drinking anymore so we are switching
to alternatives. Shanghai has lots of spots which are generally being referred
to as “beer ladies”. This is quite confusing, because
many times they are not being operated by ladies and they also differ in size,
seating options, price and menu. However, usually it’s
basically something like a beer shop offering variety of beers starting at
around 15 RMB a bottle, and going all the way to hundreds.
Papa’s beer
is one of the better-looking ones with plenty of space to sit inside and
definitely more than 100 different beers to choose from. As college students,
we went for the economy class and chose some fucking Dutch bomb with like
8.5% of alcohol for 18 a piece. After three of those babies, I was good.
Oh, and yesterday I figured that the temperature got low
enough for me to turn on my AC for the first time. Only to find out that it
doesn’t real heat. It’s old as shit and apparently, it’s also done. So hopefully tomorrow, a
guy’s gonna come and fix that. I fucking
hate cold.
Highlights:
- Finished the second season of Stranger Things – dope.
- My dad bought a plane ticket to Shanghai for the end of March. I’m happy about that.
- Autobiography of Gucci Mane. I’m in the middle of the book and it’s quite amazing.













No comments:
Post a Comment